Words/sayings that get on your nerves!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Babes - cannot stand being referred to as that, I also don't like when people say do you know what I mean and then never give you chance to answer!

Hate being called ' love, babes, hun, mate, darling, beaut etc.... Also hate seeing the word 'fam' on Facebook grrrrr. Another Facebook hate is when people are writing about their children, partner etc and say 'love ya/him/her millions'

I'm with blue on the black country slang- even though I was born in the heart of it I hate it and it's so hard to read! 'Ahh bin ya bab I bay sin ya faw a wile? Translates to- how are you babe, haven't seen you for a while. Hahaaa! This is a photo that blue sent me the other day that sums up the slang used near me xx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1365983122.542800.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1365983122.542800.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 214
Hate being called ' love, babes, hun, mate, darling, beaut etc.... Also hate seeing the word 'fam' on Facebook grrrrr. Another Facebook hate is when people are writing about their children, partner etc and say 'love ya/him/her millions'

I'm with blue on the black country slang- even though I was born in the heart of it I hate it and it's so hard to read! 'Ahh bin ya bab I bay sin ya faw a wile? Translates to- how are you babe, haven't seen you for a while. Hahaaa! This is a photo that blue sent me the other day that sums up the slang used near me xx
lol i can sort of make that out!i understand what you mean about local slang or dialect, i'm as scottish as a haggis wearing a tartan outfit but my local slang makes my ears hurt, there is a well known Dundee phrase about bridies( a sort of meat pasty)...eh'll hae twa bridies, a plen' ane an' an ingin ane anaw (try saying it out loud lol) which means i'll take two bridies, a plain one and an onion one as well! mind you i have been known to call someone a 'glaikit bampot' or 'gie it laldy' from time to time lol xxx

Oh you gang of moaners, I probably use a lot of these phrases haha, i agree with the Facebook ones, it does wind me up at times but I love it :D

Not so much a phrase used in conversation but I HATE anything "keep calm and carry on" related, really winds me up which my husband finds amusing. Keep calm and have a cup of tea, keep calm and get your nails done, how about keep calm and shut up and go away lol

I also dislike being called 'Hun', 'beautiful' or similar by acquaintances or anything over familiar when you barely know somebody.

When people's tone of voice makes what they are saying sound like a question? When it's actually a statement? It kind of annoys me?

Better you hate my SG pic then haha xx

And whilst we are at it please don't set up FB accounts for your kids and try to add me. I swear A LOT and I can't guarantee that your child's first word won't begin with C have a T on the end and a UN in the middle, if he is a protege who can read..and no not COCONUT
bahahaha I <3 you!

I have just opened up an email that has referred to me as Mrs (husband's first name) surname. That is not a good start to get me on side and get my business!

I have just opened up an email that has referred to me as Mrs (husband's first name) surname. That is not a good start to get me on side and get my business!

Omg, don't get me started on this kind of thing, is that mrs (my partners name, we are not married) I get it at least once a week on the phone, me no not such a person bye. Even if we where married I would be keeping my own name.

I also think we need to get rid of the miss and mrs, no one uses master any more so why do we have miss, so people know if you are married, but you don't need to know if a man is married!!! Rant over.

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek

It's interesting about the Mr and Mrs thing. I think it's much more respectful if I am addressed as Miss Baker or Mrs Kay from people/companies who have not earned the right to address me by my Christian name. This is a privilege that I control, and I remind those chirpy chappies who phone and greet me with "hi Lynne, can I talk to you about advertising in our mag" or the like, that they're being just a tad too informal.
I always ask my clients how they would like to be addressed too; I don't just assume that I can use their first name!
I have always addressed my solicitor as Mr x too; he has yet to invite me to call him Paul!

It's interesting about the Mr and Mrs thing. I think it's much more respectful if I am addressed as Miss Baker or Mrs Kay from people/companies who have not earned the right to address me by my Christian name. This is a privilege that I control, and I remind those chirpy chappies who phone and greet me with "hi Lynne, can I talk to you about advertising in our mag" or the like, that they're being just a tad too informal.
I always ask my clients how they would like to be addressed too; I don't just assume that I can use their first name!
I have always addressed my solicitor as Mr x too; he has yet to invite me to call him Paul!

Hear hear Miss Baker! I am exactly the same. If anyone i don't know telephones me or greets me by my first name they instantly have my back up, far too familiar.

Oooo, that's just reminded me of another pet hate!
"here here" instead of "hear hear"
It makes me want to write "where where"!

Oooo, that's just reminded me of another pet hate!
"here here" instead of "hear hear"
It makes me want to write "where where"!

Ditto!

The word 'bogging...'

Phrases I dislike are many that my husband says :wink2: :D For example, when he's explaining something to someone and says "obviously....." when it's not obvious to others at all. Drives me potty.

To be fair, miss your face, dude or any other American slang term of endearment.

But people say what they say and really it's us with the problem not them ;) Same for Facebook, if you don't like what people say then hide or delete them. I think this is my biggest gripe, people moaning about how others use their own Facebook, it's up to them what they write or what they use it for. I get quite irked when people moan about others and how they use their Facebook actually, it's uncomfortable.
If I want to say what I'm eating for dinner I will. If I want to express how proud of my little boy I am for whatever reason I will. If I want to discuss nails I will. It's mine to do as I please :D

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

" LOL"
Grates me.
If something has made me "laugh out loud" I will tell the person "that made me laugh"
now, Im guilty of writing it myslef at times, because I just cant be bothered to rite a response, but people who write it after EVERYTHING they say...? Well I just imagine that person sat on a bus insanley laughing at their phone/ipad/notebook all the time.
Its just odd.
x

" LOL"
Grates me.
If something has made me "laugh out loud" I will tell the person "that made me laugh"
now, Im guilty of writing it myslef at times, because I just cant be bothered to rite a response, but people who write it after EVERYTHING they say...? Well I just imagine that person sat on a bus insanley laughing at their phone/ipad/notebook all the time.
Its just odd.
x

LOL!!! :D

Just thought of one more that does really bug me. I have a friend that uses boo for every negative.

"Can you come over tonight? "
"No I'm working"
"Boooooooooo"

"What's your news"
"Not telling, you'll have to wait like everyone else"
"Boooooooooo"

Drives. Me. Mad.

I hate it when people call eachother buddy ! Hate it , they're like hey buddy x

I hate it when people call eachother buddy ! Hate it , they're like hey buddy x

My personal trainer did this all the time, and another one 'boom'?!?!

Used to really annoy me :)

My personal trainer did this all the time, and another one 'boom'?!?!

Used to really annoy me :)

Yeh I've heard people say something they think will impress others and feel the need to add boom why x

Latest posts

Back