Working Dirty..!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vicky

Southern Geek
Reaction score
Wonder if anyone can help me.
When working i always use fresh Monomer but when i get towards the end the Monomer is very cloudy and the powder sticks to the brush.
I'v tryed everything. I'm not working to wet and i have tryed wipe my brush before dipping it back in the Monomer but nothing is working.
I'm going through loads of Monomer and im at my wits end..!

Please Help..!

Sorry to come back a negative but are you sure your ratio is correct? Or maybe you're not putting enough in your dappen dish to start with?

Are you using fresh monomer for each client or just at the beginning of the day? We always say 'use one pipette full of monomer for each client'... you have enough for a full set or a rebalance with out wastage! Also don't forget that your white is a different consisteny to pink and can often make your monomer cloudy! HTH's!!

Hi

I change my Monomer with each client and i always use white first then pink. I have to use fresh monomer with i get to the pink because its always cloude. I pretty sure the im not working wet (no offence taken Kimmi).

Im at my wits end

Mrs Geek said:
Also don't forget that your white is a different consistency to pink and can often make your monomer cloudy! HTH's!!

if you are doing your whites first, this is why!! The monomer is fine!!..even when cloudy!

Hi i am having this same problem even when i'm not using white powder! Can't understand why?
Thanks

The white is simply more noticeable than clear or pink. It means that you are putting 'polymer' back in the liquid. The more that is there and the longer it is there for - the more it will affect your monomer.
Sometimes this is from a whacked ratio - sometimes its from stopping working with the bead when its at a 'gel like' consistency.
Have you tried taking a small lint free pad and wiping your brush on it before re-submerging your brush? Just to remove any polymer from the brush?

Thanks for the help. Did a full set this morning and as you said after i finished my white the monomer was cloude so i changed it and the pinks were great..!
Thanks alot for taking time out :)

Latest posts

Back