Working hours, dropping treatments?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mandy1985

Reaction score
Those working mobile or from home. What hours do you work? And have you ever dropped treatments?

I'm full time mobile and luckily very busy. I start anytime but I really hate working evenings. I don't mind when they're local and I'm done by 8ish but I have a regular who books every 2 weeks and has acrylic nails and an hour massage (and lives 20min away) It's around 10pm I get home and then unload everything. I really want to give up the holistic treatments and focus on nails and beauty anyway so ideally I'd like to just go do her acrylics and skip the massage and be home more 8:30/9 time. But I don't know how to word it?
What reasons could I give for suddenly dropping massage and facials?

You could be honest and say that you are not continuing with holistic treatments anymore, or alternatively you could suggest an earlier start time (if that's possible). I would just be honest about it and she will have to find someone else! You could even make a suggestion of a local massage therapist?

I really found it helpful to define time for me, so I start from 8 am in the morning now instead of 10, meaning I'm home and not treking around late nights. It turns out that starting earlier suited client base better, and I attract clients who want the same time frames.

I also found it helpful to make sure everyone knows that every Friday, my last booking space is 1pm.

As for dropping services, things change all of the time so it should not be a problem, they will find someone else.

It is your business at the end of the day, so it needs to work for you too, if it does not work for you too... you may end up unhappy which is where things may start to feel crappy because you're not taking care of your own needs x

Last edited:
If I were you I would just be honesty and say that you aren't going to be doing the Holistic treatments any more. You don't need to give a reason, she will find someone else if she still really wants her massages regularly. I know how hard it is, especially as last year I gave up being full time mobile and I now work from home in my extension, so I had to tell ALL my clients I wasn't coming to them anymore. I lost a few clients, but some stayed with me and I soon replaced them with people closer to my house.

She will probably be ok with the news, it sounds like she respects you as a therapist if you are being booked so regularly. Good luck with the conversation, it sounds like you are doing the right thing, you HAVE to be happy!

Latest posts

Back