Working to time

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

essentia

Reaction score
Hi there,

I just wondered how many of you work to strict timings for your treatments? Today I was having a conversation with a client and I gently pointed out that I give out a lot extra time during some particular treatments (not that she was complaining in any way) - such as manicuring and facials beyond the expected norm. For example in our local Debenhams they charge £25.00 for 15min manicure. Not that I would charge that but do you think clients end up taking things for granted ? :)Love to hear what you lovely geeks think.

Don't blame your clients for not appreciating it if you choose to spend longer on them or if you think your service is worth more - you either need to stick to time or put your prices up! :lol:I am strict with my time as I like to stay on time, and feel it is unfair on the next person if you run late.

Thanks for the reply. It is just that I have found I spend longer for example getting cuticles prepped before biosculpture - as obviously they will lift if not perfect. An opinion on the Bio group seemed to think that the extra time should be absorbed into the intial treatment price. However I am considering charging extra for this work as it is really out of the scope of the treatment time.

By the way I never keep other clients waiting due to extra time given - but I take your point about being strict about it. :)

If it's taking more time I'd charge more - I always think that if you are doing a treatment & you reckon they should be paying more you start to feel resentful!

Havin performed 15min manis and having my own salon now I see where you are coming from but no clients want to know how long its gonna take and dont really understand why they may be kept longer and will blame you and your skills.
I try and stick to the time given and explain that due to xyz I will be longer. It is very comman with french rebalance, client comes in after 4 wks, 2 breaks and brittle nails its not gonna take 1hr its gonna take about 90 mins! If your clients want a fifteen min mani then do one it goes:
nail polish remover
file - one sweep
cuticle cream
cuticle oil
push back with hoof stick
hand cream - effleurage it in
squeak
base
2 coats

Its corner cutting! be thorough with your prep and make up the time somewhere else

I have ammended my service menu to reflect any extra time. I am aware of how to do a mini mani but I am nipping any extras in the bud as it really blurs the line! It is just that regarding Bio I have been told a couple of times to absorb extra cuticle work in the cost but I do not think this is feasible or fair to other clients. :) Thanks for the replys.

just wanted to say i have similar problem sometimes, with some customers their prep work can take alot longer than time allocated. So if ive had the opportunity to see the nails when the appointment was booked for example and i think there is alot of cuticle work ect.. i recommend that they have a full manicure a few days before to get them prepared before overlays/tips go on... and just really concentrat on the areas that need it..:hug: that way i get paid for a manicure and a full set and the customer is happy. If i dont get to see them first and the cuticles are thick and overgrown ect i just do as much work as time allows, sometimes using cuticle remover to try to speed up things and explain the situation to the customer and again either recommend a mini manicure inbetween infills or that i may have to charge rebalance price next time if there is alot of cuticle regrowth to deal with again..

Latest posts

Back