Working whilst pregnant

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JemmaBeauty

Reaction score
I know there are quite a few active pregnancy threads but I specifically wanted to know how people have gotten on with working whilst pregnant. I'm a self employed therapist (mainly massage and facials but also nails and eye treatments).

I'm very very early in to my pregnancy but I previously had a miscarriage at 12 weeks so I think it's making me a bit anxious.

During my last pregnancy I struggled with fatigue and exhaustion - I found massaging really difficult to the point where I almost felt like I would pass out. It was like my strength disappeared overnight and trying to perform a firm massage seemed impossible. I stopped performing prenatal massage when I was 10 weeks as I found it too uncomfortable. I'm ok at the moment but I'm already wondering how I'll cope this time around?

I work in a converted garage and have to carry equipment to and from my kitchen to clean them. I sometimes do 4 or 5 hot stone massages a day and I worry about constantly carrying the hot stone heater. Am I stressing over nothing?
And does anyone have any tips about how to keep going when work is the last thing you want to do.
Thanks! x

I think the tiredness thing is just something you have to get on with during those first three months. It's like no other tiredness I've had but in my experience it got significantly better from 12/13 weeks xx I terms of miscarriage, it's not going to be down to anything you did or didn't do but it doesn't mean you won't feel anxious this time (I've been there myself and totally get the worrying)

From a practical point of view, can you get a little pull along trolley to take your stones to and from if you feel they are too heavy to carry? Stone massage is less physically demanding so maybe easier to stick with than Swedish xx

Try to relax and enjoy your pregnancy xxx

Latest posts

Back