Worried!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hairdresser18

Reaction score
Hi guys, i sent a message on here about a month ago about being treated badly at a nursing home, now i had a carer say to me that one of the ladies daughters dont like how i do her hair? I have asked the lady if she likes it and she says yes its lovely but her daughter is saying this? Its not her decision. The lady I do is now is having her hair done on a Tuesday instead of a Monday so the daughter can do her hair before I do it the next day. Now I know I do all the ladies hair lovely but the next day i come in they are all flat! I use extra firm hold setting lotion and super hold hairspray when i do their hair, ( I do sets on them all sorry forgot to say ) I have asked some of the ladies that i can actually talk to and most say that the carers just brush their hair flat with a brush and dont style it so my work on their hair goes to waste. What can i do? Is it me that isnt doing it right? Or is it the carers that cant be assed with the up keep for a week? I always always put the roller right up to the root so the hair lifts and curl is there. I dont get it! I am going on holiday in a month and am worried that they will try and find someone else. I am good at what I do, I have no problems what so ever when I do other sets in private homes cause they can up keep it so it is the carers? They dont treat these people with care and make them look nice everyday, they even cant be bothered to give them showers half the time. Please advice! :(

Depends if the lady in question is EMI or residential. If she is EMI, anything she says won't be taken as valid, as she's called unable to think for herself. if it's purely residential, tell her daughter to cock off and that you're promoting independence to her mother by allowing her to pick her own style. Ok, perhaps not in those words, but you get the hang of it. If she is EMI, then it does fall down to what the daughter wants, unfortunately.

I used to be a healthcare manager in a nursing home. If you need to know anything specific, PM me and i'll do my best :)

Depends if the lady in question is EMI or residential. If she is EMI, anything she says won't be taken as valid, as she's called unable to think for herself. if it's purely residential, tell her daughter to cock off and that you're promoting independence to her mother by allowing her to pick her own style. Ok, perhaps not in those words, but you get the hang of it. If she is EMI, then it does fall down to what the daughter wants, unfortunately.

I used to be a healthcare manager in a nursing home. If you need to know anything specific, PM me and i'll do my best :)

Its a nursing home so some cant think for themselves, she is asleep alot but she is aware of me when i speak to her and ask her, she talks to me alot and is fine. She is the type to tell me if she doesnt like it. She isnt to me, EMI at all. She is very aware. I am annoyed that I do their hair really nice and the carers dont keep it nice for them just by styling it a bit after they get up just straight brush it and thats it.

Latest posts

Back