would like to teach

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emma m

Reaction score
i was wondering if anyone knows which courses i would need to do to start teaching nail technology, have you got to have nvq3 in the subject to start with?

if anyone can tell me any imformation i would be really gratefull.

thank you

emma

To teach in an Fe College you need a leel 3 qualification in your chosen subject, you also need to take a teaching qualification such as a city and guilds 7407 or a certificate in education. To be an assessor for nail technology you need to also have five years experience of nails. I'm sure that there are people on here who are high up who can tell you what you need to have to be able to become an educator within the different companies. Sparklepink or Ant Buckley comes to mind for EZ flow and Geeg or the nail geek can tell you for creative nail design, not too sure for other companies, but i am sure you will get many more replies to thsi thread.
HTH

just bumping this back up ,as i would like to know what is involved in becoming an educator

nicola

have just found this old reply from gigi from another thread. so have copied and pasted it here.but as the reply is nearly 2 years old i dont know if it is much help

''

Educator for Creative

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You have done so well ... congratulations

If you feel you have something to offer Creative, then the process is not difficult BUT there are certain criteria that need to be met. Getting your NVQ is important and all of our educator/ambassadors have it so good luck there.
Next you need to be a Creative Master Technician which goes way beyond the NVQ. It is a lot of fun to do and takes you into the minutia of technique and an abundance of knowledge that you never knew existed!!
You will then attend a pre-qualifiying day and if you pass ... you're off to the Creative Institute to be trained to be a Creative Educator/Ambassador!
First move is to contact Samuel Sweet by letter and send him your request to be an Educator ... he will take it form there. We do a training once a year only and it is 5 days long so it is best to get your leter off now so you get in the loop for 2003.
Just by way of inspiration ... I told Jacqui Jefford when she turned 40 ... everything I have acheived in Business I have done since I was 40!! Good age to start.
Best of luck to you. :thumbsup:''

emma m said:
i was wondering if anyone knows which courses i would need to do to start teaching nail technology, have you got to have nvq3 in the subject to start with?

if anyone can tell me any imformation i would be really gratefull.

thank you

emma

Hi Emma

Sure I can help a bit but what type of teaching do you want to do? For a company or for a formal qualification?

Scattyfox was right for formal qualifications and Groovynails was right for one company.

Where are you heading?

Latest posts

Back