Would you let a 'college placement' bank your salon takings?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deehair

Reaction score
I was doing work experience. at a top salon when I was at college.
After only 3 days the beauty therapist ,told me to bank 2-3 days takings and told me where the bank was.
So off I toddled, unaware of how much money I had.

When I came out of the bank, I had a peep in the payment book and nearly fainted when I saw how much money there was.

So I was telling a tutor at college ,and she went mad about it.
Besides other things, she phoned the shop and told the therapist that I wouldn't be back.

I was wondering if any of you geeks would allow a college placement to bank your salon takings?

Last edited:
Erm..... No!
You need to think about Insurance and their safety with this one.

when i used to work for another company only managers and deputy managers were allowed to do the banking. it's not a case of not trusting them it's just it's just too much responsibilty and not fair on them.

it's not a case of not trusting them it's just it's just too much responsibility and not fair on them.

Exactly! What an irresponsible way to run her business!

Hell no!!!!!!!

Apart from the trust issue, what about the college student's safety?

I will always do my own banking, then I cant blame anyone else if there are discrepancies:green:

i would only do my own banking too , its too risky otherwise , ie safety of person banking also if theres a mistake you could be blaming them and it might not be their fault , xx

I think it would be very foolish to get a college placement student to bank the takings - both in terms of the temptation of them to want to nick some of it, and of the risk of them getting mugged or whatever too!

There is no way I would put my money in anyone elses hands - its just foolish

i guess it depends how mature and responsible and trustworthy the person is. My bank is only 2 shops away though, so it would be super lazy of me!! lol.

i would only do my own banking too , its too risky otherwise , ie safety of person banking also if theres a mistake you could be blaming them and it might not be their fault , xx

I have to agree here......its not just the risk of someone else getting mugged.......if something happened to your money.....ie : a mistake from the bank ....the person cashing the money could get blamed for it and it would not be there fault......do it yourself.....xxxxxxxxx

I wouldn't, but when I was at college I had to.

its not fair to the student to have that responsablity they are just learning thats why they are students....

At my other job, when the money is banked, 2 people walk it across as a security issue. One person is easy to mug. Having 2 people is more of a deterrent.

I wouldnt let a work placement student bank my takings for safety and trust issues. But when i worked for a well known betting office i would be the one who took the takings to the bank most i ever banked in one day was 12 grand and i was carrying that in cash in my bag.

:eek::eek::eek:

Totally out of order! But i`ve got to confess i rarley do my banking i send my dad, he does all my banking for me.:o

At my old job at bon march we always had 2 of us to do the banking, one had the money and the other one held the panic alarm. I think it would have been better if a member of staff took the college girl to do the banking, so at least there was 2 of them, and the staff person could show the college girl how to do it, so at least it would have been fair all round xx

no way jose!!!

No way on this earth, i would never trust someone i didnt know to bank in my take ins someone would have to be insane to allow a placement to do that lol.

No way on this earth, i would never trust someone i didnt know to bank in my take ins someone would have to be insane to allow a placement to do that lol.

I personally would be more concerned for her than about her stealing the money...I mean, its not like I wouldn't know who took it would I....:lol:

Latest posts

Back