Wrong to retail something you don't use in salon?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kazzii-x

Reaction score
Hiya hunnys,
so my question is if i dont use something in a treatment, would it be ok to retail to my clients. So to break it down say i use CND pedicure products but would like to retail some Eve taylor pedicure products, would this be confusing to clients? Iv just seen some great value and good products on the Eve taylor website. So please comment and let me know what you all think and im in two minds.
Kind regards x x x

I'm not sure :s

Would clients not ask the question why do you sell the product but not use it during your treatment.

I sometimes find it easier to sell a product if I can demonstrate it.

Do they have a professional range you could use aswell??

Hope that helps xxx

hmm thinking of when i go to the salon i only ever buy stuff (well go away and buy stuff trade price haha) when they use it on me and i can think... oooo that worked really well, or mmm i liked the smell of that... if it wasnt used on me i dont think id bother, i like to try before i buy, maybe someone will have a different out look on it so wait and see what the other geeks say :D

I'm a hair geek but I'd onx ever details products i use on people.

People are going to buy the product because they've seen you use it and know what to expect from it.

If someone used 1 product on me and tried to sell me another make I'd wander why

Thankyou for your input lovelies, i do get your points and they are valid. Hmm maybe i shall just use CND and retail it too. I just thought Eve taylor pedicure bits were more in the publics price range, but i do see where you are coming from, it would seem odd if i didnt use them aswell.

Not wrong. But just easier to sell stuff that you use.

Sell what you use and use what you sell. I read that somewhere lol, it's right though

Latest posts

Back