www.heatherflynn.co.uk

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hfly

Reaction score
Hi there guys, I have not long registered to this site and just wanted some advice.

I am trying to build up private clientel....proving difficult! So I have got a website in the pipeline and wanted some general feedback about it. Friends and family have given some postive feedback, but I would like the opinion of some people in the industry. Its just a mock up so any feedback would be greatful before I go full steam ahead with it!
Also, has anyone else got websites? How have you found them? Has it brought in clients?

Its, www.heatherflynn.co.uk

Thanks people.

Hfly:)

Prices are very high. I personally wouldn't use the word 'de-fuzz' in your waxing services. It just seems a little unprofessional and at those prices i would want the utmost professionalism!
I like the site though-easy to navigate and looks good.

Your prices r very very high!!
i do lizard legs under a different name for £11...for 20min, i don't think you can spend much longer than that on leg exfoliation & massage.

You need to bring most of these down by £10!! I wouldn't dream of paying these prices especially not 4 waxing.

I do agree I thought the prices were high, but then it is in London and you automatically pay a premium in a city centre, especially if it is in a more affluent area.
Very nice website though.

Looks like a nice website and prices are fine as there is a choice of treatments and price, except basic bikini is a bit steep. I would offer a discount for a combination or waxing as I'm not sure many people would be happy to pay £60 for full leg and bikini, the salon I used to work in charged £45 and I charge £33 and do lots :hug: Also you say you use great products but don't name them.

What is your target market? I would say your site is aimed at the young professional and this may be narrowing your market but it may still prove popular especially in London

A website only works if you make it available to people through other search engines or marketing. I would make sure you get your client to spread the word amongst their friends.

Good luck :hug:

I think the site looks great. Very professional yet still friendly.

I'm not sure your facebook link works and personally i would list tanning as seperate to body treatments.

I didn't see any packages or gift vouchers mentioned so i would add that if you do them.

I would also add a page for news or special offers or have a 'treatment of the month' to focus on as this will encourage bookings especially if it is only available for a month or a set period.

And you might want to add a link to signup to a mailing list so you can send out a newsletter to your clients once you have their details.

Also on the facial page you mention travel expenses but not on the waxing page and massage pages?? I would give some indication of your travel costs so that this doesn't put people off.

That's all i can think of but it does look great. I like how it is simple and not cluttered with pictures and it is very unisex.

Hope this helps.

Lilac

i love your colours and the design ofthe website but everyone is right about the prices they are way too high! i have an uncle in london and have checked out a few beauty salons in the centre and an eyebrow wax i paid for was only £9.50 i doubt any1 would pay £15 for an eyeborow wax that generally takes 5mins!!! and no offence but i agree with angelina about 'de fuzz' and sum of ur other names such as 'plump up the jam' and 'fashion fix' they sound silly and too young, this is supposed to be a relaxing facial not a silly name iv never heard any facials called nicknames just sptraight to the point and direct about whats in them. plus if i was paying £50 for a classic facial i would want to know what 'best product' you were using from information on the website, for example i use dermalogica which is one of the best products around and my classic demalogica facial is £24!! Great deisgn, prices and names need sorting out quick, i doubt many people would be happy paying those prices, my aunty is sat with me looking at your website and she a millionaire and says the same as me!!!!!

Many of my clients would pay those prices and I am actually working in a similar area! :hug: The salon I used to work in charged £18 for a brow shape and I was forever doing them! Many mobile businesses in London charge similar prices if not much much more e.g http://www.returntoglory.co.uk/Client/Default.aspx I have a client who was using them for pedicures at £55 a pop but the therapist seemed to be different everytime and some were not as good as others. If Heather can deliver she can charge this quite easily.

Last edited:
Personally, the price is a moot point - I charge around £30 to £50 an hour for treatments depending upon the usual factors & don't live or work in London. I use Decleor for example & charge £47 for their Aromaplasty facial & £52 for their Aroma-Expert facial.

As to the site itself; it looks very classy, although there is a slight grammar issue on the facial page in the intro blurb. I would also name the product you are using as clients will often want to know what you are using & why, this need not take pages but a few sentances saying "I use the X range for my facials, whose philosophy is Y" etc etc.

As to the Lizard Legs, I'm assuming from the timing & the description that this is a whole body scrub & polish treatment? If it is then this needs to be a bit clearer as it could easily be construed as being for legs only.

Other than that it does look very good. I get a lot of business through my website & sell a lot of gift vouchers as a result of it. Couldn't be without it!

what's ur aunty been a millionaire got to do with anything??lol.

I quite like the names, and i think the website is really good, maybe on the more traditional treatment's get rid of the funky names, but don't phase em out completely there good!

£18 for a brow wax is an absolute joke!!LOL.
what do they do stick diamonds on after..

I wouldn't even pay that if i was a millionaire!!!

£18 for a brow wax is an absolute joke!!LOL.
what do they do stick diamonds on after..

I wouldn't even pay that if i was a millionaire!!!

It meant we took our time the client got a proper consultation and a careful treatment, our clientele were people who had had a 5 min shape and ended up regretting it as they had such a botch job done on them in the past. :hug:

I agree with beautification, personally i think £18 is ridiculous for an eyebrow trim and i know my uncles friends and wife who are well off in city centre in london would never pay those prices. People are probably just paying that cos they expect it in london, but it shoudnt be expensive just coz they expect it coz its a city centre. People probably think all mobile threapists charge £18 for an eyebrow trim in the centre so they will pay! i cant think why you as i therapist would charge that much for that tho wen it uses little wax and takes about 5-10mins!!!!Iv found that because i charge quite low prices people come and have them more regualry than they would highly priced ones.

and my aunty been a millionaire is me using it as an example that someone with lots of money wouldnt even pay that for an eyebrow wax!! like uv just said beautification lol!!!!

People will pay it for the same reason they will buy a Gucci handbag rather than a Primark one. They do the same thing- hold your purse but one is seen as more valuable because of how it makes you feel and the quality of the goods.

personally i think £18 is ridiculous for an eyebrow trim...i cant think why you as i therapist would charge that much for that tho wen it uses little wax and takes about 5-10mins!!!

Cost of product is just one factor in pricing - you also have to take into account time taken & expertise. There are people who charge a hell of a lot more than £18 for an eyebrow wax, especially when you start talking about celebrity eyebrow waxers.

I personally don't charge that, but if someone else does & people pay it then it's not overpriced - a service is worth what people will pay for it. If I could get away with charging that amount I certainly would!

i like it!!!!!
as far a pricing goes,,, they are far too expensive for around me area, but if people are willing to pay that... go for it!!!!
you would be daft to lower prices if thats the going rate and being charged at salons elsewhere. you know yourself as a therapist and charge for what you feel your worth :)

Hi Heather,

I look at salon and therapist websites all day every day for my job, I see some great ones, I see some ropey ones, I see plagiarised ones, and sites where they make your eyes want to bleed with an over explosion of colour and information, and on the rare ocassion, a great one!

I think your prices are irrelevant, and I didn't actually think you were asking about prices, but about the site in general, so I'll hopefully give you some constructive criticism on that.

I like the colour and the layout, it makes it easy to read.

You talk about yourself in the 3rd person, you would be better doing it in the 1st. Talk about yourself, not as though someone else is doing it. You'll get your personality across, something that's very important, particularly if you're working as a mobile and going into people's homes.

As for layout, it's clean and easy to navigate.

You definitely need to specify some brand names. You'll find a lot of people will book you based on the products that are used. We're all very familiar with Dermalogica's face mapping, and so so many women book dermalogica therapists, purely because they've heard about this infamous face mapping!

May I suggest that you rethink the names of your treatments though. Your site is clean, crisp and stylish, very professional-woman-in-her-30s, but the names have dropped it down to 20-something-straight-out-of-uni-still-living-a-student-binge-lifestyle...

As I've said before, pricing is irrelevant, if the products you use are reflective of those prices, then stand by them. Although that might be a factor in why you are struggling to pick up new clients initially, so maybe go back and look at your direct competition again.

Hope that's helped a little.

Sam x

I'm not going to comment on the prices, you've obviously set them to be right for your area.

You do need someone to read through it and reword some of it though. There are a few things that don't sound too good. For instance, on the 'About' page, under Work and experience, you use the word 'prestigious' three times in three paragraphs. There must be another word you can use? It just sounds like a bit of overkill, if you know what I mean. I also noticed a few errors in the grammar which need sorting out.

I assume you know that none of the links work, and that it's because the site is a work in progress.

And I agree with what SamMakeup says, re talking about yourself in the third person, and using product names.

With a few tweaks it's going to be a really nice website. I think it's smart, clean and easy to use.

Something that also stood out for me is the dates of your employment as you seem to have moved around a lot in a short period of time, maybe the dates are not so important to mention and also are you still working at Bliss spa as it seems from the info that you are :hug: I talk about myself in the third person on my website too and have "quotes" from myself too add the personal touch as I feel sounds better but that's personal preference.

Just checked out bliss spa prices-wowzer! :lol:

Latest posts

Back