Yellow nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clairelee69

Reaction score
i recently purchased a new brush as when i did a set of nails they were going yellow so i thought that it was contaminated.

i did a set the other day with the new brush (1st set with this brush) and they have gone yellow.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Did you remove the waxy coating before using the brush with a piece of gauze?
Otherwise the brush could be contaminated. I would take it bake to where you brought it from and explain what has happened.
Sorry cant be of anyomre help

yeah i did as i trained the brush.

i got it from Creative and their brushes are normally great

Could it be your powder that is contaminated. If you have another brush you could try it (preferably an old one so it doesn't get ruined too)

i didnt know powder could get contaminated

clairelee69 said:
i didnt know powder could get contaminated

Dust from filing and from the air can get in powder if the dish is not covered and so can monomer off your brush when you are dipping it in the powder if the brush is too wet.

Do you clean your brush after every client with clean monomer? and do you use fresh monomer for each client. If you dont clean your brush in clean monomer it can become contaminated and show up in yellow streaks on your white. Try putting scrubfresh on a lint free pad and dip your brush in monomer and wipe it onto the pad. If it comes up with yellow tinges then your brush may well be contaminated. HTH.x Also store your brush in a case or wrap in kitchen paper lying down.

I also find a good way to stop your brush getting contaminated, is to store your brush, so the bristles are pointed down. This stops any monomer that you may not have removed properly from going into the furrel ( i think that's it) which makes you get a yellowing which will come out when you next use your brush. Just a thought.:biggrin:

When does the nails go yellow, straight away or afterwards or a few days. I cant think of anything else that can be causing this. apart from the products you may be using, but i noticed you are creative trained so it wont be that. Maybe the more experienced may help.xx

it is a few days after

Does it happen to every client or just the one? If its just one then it could be caused with sunbeds or applying fake tan or something. Try a non yellowing uv blocking topcoat such as total eclipse.

just one i think

Well you should ask your client what she does, like uses sunbeds or fake tan things like that to get to the bottom of it. HTH

i know this sounds really silly but someone once told me that laptops can cause nails to go yellow.
is this true?

I dont know the answer to that question.lol! Maybe someone else will help you with that one! x

HMMMMMMMMMM, Product or brush contamination shows up either immedialty or within a couple of hours..... anything after that, specialy days is down to external factors............ Johnsons body lotion with added tanning does this, so does anything that can cause staining.... look for tanning creams, sunbed lotions, body lotions aso....Cooking spices, make up.....aso aso
Use a UV blocker as a top coat and see how it goes.
HTH

I did a set on myself two weeks ago and they went a really horrid yellow,.... i do have a laptop but i dont see how it would...

Since then they havent tinged at all, got me wondering aswell:|

clairelee69 said:
i know this sounds really silly but someone once told me that laptops can cause nails to go yellow.
is this true?

Not unless you use a self tanning lotion before using your laptop huni.....
Smoking whilst on the laptop can though.......

I have never heard this one.....I know a laptop emits certain rays but none that would cause enhancemts to go yellow....

Has your lady used a self tan? or even had a curry? like Ruth mentioned spices can cause staining but if they are all her nails she would have had to stir the curry with her fingers - can't see that somehow lol joking aside I hope you get to find out as it is very interesting! Does she use fake tan?

Take care xx

Latest posts

Back