Yellowing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Minxy1886

Reaction score
Can anyone please help me????

Just recently i am getting a lot of yellowing on my enhancements... Can anyone shed some light on where or what i am doing wrong???

:o :o :o

Thanks

what are you using hunny? l+p or gel

L&P Creative????

hmmmmmmmmmmm yellowing after how long?

do they use fake tans or anything....???????????????????????????

Yellowing after about 2 hours, no taning or anything..... I know it is either the acrylic or the brush but i dont understand why?

If i put the brush on a bit of paper it goes yellow?

Sounds like your brush is contaminated.

Minxy1886 said:
Yellowing after about 2 hours, no taning or anything..... I know it is either the acrylic or the brush but i dont understand why?

If i put the brush on a bit of paper it goes yellow?

contaminated brush then matey ! not good.....expensive mistake but get yourself another brush!

amb xxxxxxxxxx

So how do i avoid this then for the future???

Thoroughly clean your brush in clean monomer after use and dry on a lint pad then store in a protective case.

:Love: How does a brush become contaminated???

Rachel Mary said:
:Love: How does a brush become contaminated???

Not cleaning your brush is a sure way to get it contaminated. Leaving traces of product or monomer in the brush head is not healthy for the lifespan of a brush. Touching the bristles with your fingers transferring oil and contaminants from your skin onto the bristles is also another way (some people get into a bad habit of 'training' their brush with their fingers - not good practice! Leaving your brush uncovered can be susceptible to dust and other airborne particles which can also affect the lifespan of the brush.

Would you recomend you use your powder from the tub or from the dappen dish, I was initially trained to use from a dappen dish.... Then creative training said i wasnt necessary????

Hi,
Your brush can also get contaminated if you leave it upright, instead of storing it flat in a container...monomer can seep back into the ferrule...and then when you use your brush again this old contaminated monomer can cause these yellow streaks.....

As for your powder....I always keep my powder in the small container it comes in ( I buy the bigger sizes and decant back into the small container on my desk)...I like my clients to see that I am using Creative Nail Design products......There is no right or wrong way here ..just personal preference....

HI i also once had the problem of yellowing, and changed the brush to correct this, expensive mistake, so always througly cleaned brush after. Creative do a pro syler brush, which you just have to replace the end, so works out cheaper in the long run.

kathy

I think it is the way i store my brush because i always clean my brush after use, i have got myself a brush case... lets just hope it doesnt happen again!!!

Latest posts

Back