Your advice on this room rental please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TweezerHappy

Reaction score
I went to see about a room rental today for eyelash extensions.

I remembered the room being quite small but it was actually an alright size. Bed in the middle with space to walk all around. It has a chair, trolley and a couple of floor standing lamps.

I can either rent daily or hourly. I have a full time job so that leaves me hourly during the week and daily Saturday and Sunday.

If I'm renting hourly and a full set takes 2 hours and a fill takes 1 hour, it works out 23-30%. If I had the room for a full day at the weekend it would be much more profitable. 25% of 1 full set and 1 fill would cover the rent for the whole day. So any other appointments I had 100% would go to me.

They use the rooms for their beauty therapists and have other external people like me renting the rooms by the hour. I would have access to their online calendar to book the room when I need it or if they know when I'm available they will book appontments for me.

There is no minimum hours a week, no minimum term and no deposit. Rent is paid for at the end of the week.

Even though I have my own website they will put me on their website and include me in their news letters.

The only problem I can see would be room availability. I'm not sure if I'd be fighting for the room, IYGWIM.

What do you think? I'd love to hear your opinions or any advice you can offer.

Last edited:
Personally I would go for the daily rent. This is because I like to keep things simple and im sure I would find it to confusing to do it hourly but thats not to say there is anything wrong with it.

Do you think there would be enough business to fill a whole day with eyelash extensions ?

Personally I would go for the daily rent. This is because I like to keep things simple and im sure I would find it to confusing to do it hourly but thats not to say there is anything wrong with it.

Do you think there would be enough business to fill a whole day with eyelash extensions ?

Maybe not at first but eventually I think I could fill a day. There are people that do nothing but eyelash extensions.

If I was doing hourly I'd keep all appointments to even hours. 2 hours full set, 1 hour fill or half set.

Could you not take a full day rental and do other beauty treatments as well as the eyelash extensions and then you can promote them to the customers,whilst your appointment for eyelash extensions builds up?

Could you not take a full day rental and do other beauty treatments as well as the eyelash extensions and then you can promote them to the customers,whilst your appointment for eyelash extensions builds up?

They have other beauty therapists there that work for the owner so I couldn't do mani/pedi and they do hands on fake bake.

I'm not worried about only offering eyelash extensions.

What I'm thinking is making myself available for eyelash appointments Wednesday/Thursday evenings and all day Saturday at the studio. Not sure about Sunday yet.

I'll have a price for eyelash extensions there and a price for mobile too but slightly more expensive. Hopefully encouraging people to book at the studio.

Latest posts

Back