Your beauty industry 'loves & hates'

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I get that 'Can you quickly trim my kids hair, just quickly'
people must think if you say quickly before something it wont take u as long!?

So true, and agree with tomme that a quick job is a bad job!
I can't do half a treatment, if I quickly paint nails I at least need to file them, base colour and top coat and oil lol!
Ok to balance out the negative I love that the true professionals are horrified at the thought of cutting corners and that we take pride I'n our work and leave a satisifiec client 😜

Love: making others feel and look great

Hate: UK distributors - how come I can get products such as nail polishes, Shellac, Gelish, consumables, wax, etc in the States, from reputable suppliers, for a fraction of the price???

Love: making others feel and look great

Hate: UK distributors - how come I can get products such as nail polishes, Shellac, Gelish, consumables, wax, etc in the States, from reputable suppliers, for a fraction of the price???

Its not the UK distributors, its the government. Pampers are made by me, around 10 miles. As well as Mach 3 razors, a family friend lives in Africa and gets them cheaper, and I mean like 70% less xoxo

Loves....making people feel good, doing something i find interesting, always something new to learn, product training, its my hobby as well as my job.

Hates....employers who take advantage of peoples enthusiasm to be in the industry, low pay, people who think every man and his dog can do beauty easily, people who underestimate you because they think you dont look the part.

NO! This was very nearly a 'What do you hate' thread but I thought I better balance it out a bit :p haha nobody likes negativity x

I am glad I'm not the only one lol!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

I'm currently on scienna x 10% with 1 ml per 100 of sunless solutions darkening drops. I'm thinking of getting some in 16% or higher if they do it. Can you tell I'm not a therapist or tanner lol xoxo

I'm not sure what you mean by the darkening drops, but Sienna 10% is nowhere near dark enough if you want body builder tan! They say 16% is designed for Asian or African skin so go for that if you want a real tan x

I'm not sure what you mean by the darkening drops, but Sienna 10% is nowhere near dark enough if you want body builder tan! They say 16% is designed for Asian or African skin so go for that if you want a real tan x

Sunless solutions do drops to darken a tan. But yes I'm going to try 16% when the ten runs out, or try the whole 100 ml with 100 ml of tan xoxo

Sunless solutions do drops to darken a tan. But yes I'm going to try 16% when the ten runs out, or try the whole 100 ml with 100 ml of tan xoxo

Oh I see! Well good luck. 8% is for fair skin & red heads so you should defo go higher than 10% :)

Oh I see! Well good luck. 8% is for fair skin & red heads so you should defo go higher than 10% :)

I think the fear is naturally my skin isn't of a pale persons, I don't tan at all naturally, I use accelarator oil, baby oil or go without when on holiday and can easily withstand 2 weeks in African sun without protection and still come back my usual colour.
My hair is black (base 2) and lightened to white. So I think many therapists are terrified by the outcome, especially since I have my brows tinted with blue black. Xoxo

Love: making people feel on top of the world, seeing a stressed person totally relax.

Hate: men who think I'm going to do 'extras', people who say, 'Oh, so you have a degree? Really?' etc aarghhhh! Family members who expect me to treat them for free!

loves:
- finding passion for what I do
- meeting new people constantly
- the new products/services are endless and love learning new things
- being creative every day

hates:
- that people think it's easy
- all the 'techs' that never get proper traning and get loads of clients because they're cheap
- I never go to get pampered myself because I'm stressed the whole time I'm there that something isn't clean/done properly/the way it should be done, can never relax at a salon anymore lol

Latest posts

Back