Your best promotion - with results

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlemiss1t

Reaction score
Hello,

I wanted to know in the times you have run a promotion, which has worked the best for you, with good results.

I do Manicures, Pedicures, Nail Art , Eye Treatments, Waxing & Massage.

Do you point out on the promotion flyer / postcard that it is JUST for NEW CLIENTS?

This is what I am looking to do, as I am considering taking on an extra 1/2 day on a Friday.

With existing clients, how do you offer your client's loyalty points / recommend a friend, as this will help them to get their friends / family in for a treatment.

Any suggestions, help would be appreciated

Carly x

Hello,

I wanted to know in the times you have run a promotion, which has worked the best for you, with good results.

I do Manicures, Pedicures, Nail Art , Eye Treatments, Waxing & Massage.

Do you point out on the promotion flyer / postcard that it is JUST for NEW CLIENTS?

This is what I am looking to do, as I am considering taking on an extra 1/2 day on a Friday.

With existing clients, how do you offer your client's loyalty points / recommend a friend, as this will help them to get their friends / family in for a treatment.

Any suggestions, help would be appreciated

Carly x

Hi!

In my salon we have Recommend a Friend flyers which we give out to our clients, which they and a friend fills in, and once the friend has their 1st appointment they both get sent a £20 gift voucher, which they can only spend on servcies costing £30 or over! So we all win.

Also we have loyalty cards, which i got from vista print, where they have it signed every time they come in for either acrylics or a cut and then after their 5th appt, they get a freebie.

We're thinking of doing a Bring A Friend promo, for either a week or a day, where if they bring along a friend they both get 25% off!

Hope this helps x

Make a sheet of paper with 30 numbered squares, laminate it, get clients to buy a square at £1 each & put their name in it.
When all boxes are full pull a number out of a hat and the corresponding name wins £30 to spend in your salon.
Its something for nothing.

I am currently doing a buy a treatment get one half price on selected treatments, it seems really popular.

Hope this helps x

Hi!

I am running a Hot stone offer where they pay for a full body stones treatment and recieve an express facial free. It takes me half hour longer, I get to retail the skincare which has worked really well and the clients love it. I thought I would be quiet right now but everyone seems to be booking this offer. I also send newsletters to let clients know what we are offering over the next 3 months - Valentine's, Mother's day coming up and other promotional events. I offer this to all clients as existing clients it's a reward and for new clients it's a treat. I often get clients re-booking from here as well.
As the full body stones is the most expensive treatment that I offer it works really well for me. Hope this helps? I also, look at who my top 10 clients are for spending and send them special incentives to spend more. In this climate you have to reward, reward, reward!

Hi, I was really quiet at the beginning of jan until i read on here about a 'pick and mix' offer! I sent out an e-mail to the 75 clients on my e-mail mailing list and 15 of them booked appointments for that one treatment alone!!! thats without any further marketing!

Basically it is £30 for 3 20min treatments totalling 1 hr of treatment time:
mini facial
back massage
face and scalp massage
eyebrow shape and tint
nail shape and paint
hand/foot care treatment
and so on..............

I could have easily made it for £35 or more.....wish I had now!!!
clients feel like they are getting a real bargain with 3 treatments in one!!!
everyone is raving about it! I can't remember whos thread it is but thanks because it has really worked!

Emma xxx

Hello,

Carly x

I wouldn't put out any offers or promotions just for 'new clients', you are likely to find that this offends all your regular clientele who are the ones keeping you in business and showing their loyalty.

Whatever you decide to do make it available for evryone:)

I wouldn't put out any offers or promotions just for 'new clients', you are likely to find that this offends all your regular clientele who are the ones keeping you in business and showing their loyalty.

Whatever you decide to do make it available for evryone:)

I totally agree with this - I even tend to make special offers jst for my EXISTING clients.
One I'm doing for everyone at the minute is my Winter Warmer Treat. They buy an Eve Taylor facial at £30 and receive a Hot Stone Back Massage and eyelash tint free. I've had 9 people book it so far and it went live on 6th January!
Just keep thinking 'added value, added value'!!!
xxx

Thank you! Thank You! Thank You!
Pick n' Mix... such a fantastic idea...
I've just been doing my Promo Plan and was running out of ideas, I'm sure that one'll keep the clients coming thru the door when I go quiet in October!

I offered the following which brought in a LOT of business!
Book a SwissDermyl facial and get the following treatments free: a hand massage, eyelash tint, eyebrow tint and eyebrow shape.

The actual treatments cost pennies, take very little time and have a huge perceived value.

absolutely love the pick n mix idea. Going to take that on board, will be doing it from next week. Thanks guys.

The pick & mix sounds great! Hope it works well for you

Loving the pick n mix - going to use that one if that's ok......

some great ideas on here guy's - love the pic'n'mix and the hot stone - receive a free mini facial - i have done this for less expensive treatments might try this one.

This month i am offering for each Academie Paris Hydration facial receive a free heated foot treatment. ( i do the foot treament while the mask is working so only an extra few mins added but the feet feel fantastic)

:)

I have a long standing promotion which is 'Fake Tan Thursdays'. I charge £20 for a full body spray tan every other day and £15 on a Thursday. I am mobbed each and every Thursday night and commit the whole evening to spray tans. It's really really popular, I've gained loads of regulars from it and expanded my client base as my regulars tell their friends 'if you go on a Thursday its only £15.

Sorry not constructive but when I said "oh fake tan Thursdays" that's a good idea, my brother said that's better than "orange Wednesdays" (that is a cheaper cinema ticket promotion by the orange mobile phone network for those who don't get the joke). Hee hee

Fake tan Thursdays is such a good idea as it means people will be looking gorgeous for the weekend. :hug:

Sorry not constructive but when I said "oh fake tan Thursdays" that's a good idea, my brother said that's better than "orange Wednesdays" (that is a cheaper cinema ticket promotion by the orange mobile phone network for those who don't get the joke). Hee hee

Fake tan Thursdays is such a good idea as it means people will be looking gorgeous for the weekend. :hug:

Hey hun, just noticed this reply, made me snort my tea!! Ha ha Orange Wednesdays, I love it. I stole it from another salon who were offering Fake Bake Fridays. I was already busy enough on a Friday so I wanted to balance it out a little so decided on thursdays instead. Also, a lot of my clients go out on Friday night.

Seriously go for it, my Thursday evenings are so popular, I'm fully booked every Thursday night.

Latest posts

Back