Your Favourite Files

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mani-fique!

Reaction score
As there seems to be an enormous variety of files out there from different companies and for different purposes I am curious to know:

Which are your favourite files and why? Which part of you service to you use them? (natural nailcare, enhancements etc), What grit are they?

Have you tried and tested other files to finally find one you couldn't do without - if so which are not so good?

Thanks....;)

I like straight files, can't stand the banana one! I use the LCN files, the profi file thin which is a 100/100 for the bulk of blending, buff offs and rebalances, and the profi file thick which is a 100/240, I tend to use the 240 for smoothing over after my gel application. I wished they made a 240/240 though so if anyone can recommend another make? I use the silver streak which I think is a 240 but very thin and great for clearing the side walls at the end and for natural nails, and their 3-way buffer to make sure all the edges are smooth at the end of the service.

I use the Nailtiques 3-way file for natural nail manicures.

I love the Girlfriend buffer... the shine you get is fab, used on both natural nails and enhancements.
Like Sassy, I prefer the straight files... no particular reason other than they just feel more comfortable to use.

I love my koala by creative nothing else gives me that invisible line when im blending like that does and it massages in my solar oil. Mind you the girlfriend is cool as well for shine and just the right amount of bend. Prefer the hotshot 100/180 to the black grit although they are the same grits there is a subtle difference in the two.

have to say I prefer teh black velvet to the kanga file a bit more for me to get hold of
HTH

I love the length of the outblack buffer because it is the same grit as one side of the koala buffer and the other side is like the brack grit one. I use this to start finishing off the nails. Sometimes I will just go straight on to koala buffer is its not 'lumpy bumpy'. Then white block, smooth side of koala and then I use my 'girlfriend'.

I like 'Designer Nails' products. I have tried other cheaper versions from beauty wholesale places and they aren't as good at all!!! White blocks are ok though, but they are just as cheap from Creative anyway.

I suppose you could say that I just love all things Creative!! I have yet to be impressed by any other make.

i love my koala, which I use for buffin in my solaroil. hate whiteblocks, also I don't like the little square 3-way buffers you get, yea, decent shine but they're not comfy to hold - I prefer the girlfriend for a sexy shine at the end.

Hiya,

i also cant stand curved files, i'm liking The Edge Files esp the Super Shiner, i also like the Lil whistler from Nailorder!!

Aamanda

I've tried to get on with curved files, but can't :cry: so i'll stick to the straight ones.

Yes Lily, I love the Super Shiner too. Is the Lil whistler from Nail Order any good? I've been using the Sand Turtle from NSI.

karen noodle said:
I've tried to get on with curved files, but can't :cry: so i'll stick to the straight ones.

Yes Lily, I love the Super Shiner too. Is the Lil whistler from Nail Order any good? I've been using the Sand Turtle from NSI.

Hiya
Yeah i like it cos it has three sides so you can really get all the fine scratches out and its very nice to hold, very comfy!!!!

Amanda

2 files for everything - Creative's Tuxedo (veeeeerrrry underrated, no-one seems to know about it!) and Koala.

Tuxedo black side for rebalancing, white side for new l & p shaping and also for natural nails. Long lasting just brilliant couldn't be without it (and I have tried just about every make on the market over the years)

Koala for finishing, removing shine at prep stage and buffing in oil.

I used good but much cheaper files for a long time after I first qualified then I did a test over a month in the salon and it actually worked out cheaper to use the Creative files as they lasted much longer and did the job quicker!!!!!!!!!!!

I love the Creative Boomerang board (240/1200, good for natural nail, finishing, and 1200 for buffing out imperfections and pushing solar oil into enhancement)
cant live without it. I find, for me it's a good alternative to the Koala buffer, which is too short for my liking.

That and good old girlfriend!!

its gotta be my sand shark and my snow monkey pro buffers
not only are they fabbio to use but some of the profits from buying them go to endangered species which is coolio in it self :cool:
the sand shark is 240 grit double sided and removes demarcations v well...its a got great shape like all the pro files... rounder at one end and more square at the other
i love my snow monkey chamois buffer with miracle shine great high shiner :)

Jess
xox

My files lol.......
  • Tuxedo: 240/180 Grit: Oh yes Fiona I know about it lol.............. it's brill aint it.............I use it for L&P, Brisa ,tip blending and pre tayloring tips,....
  • Yankee 180/1200 :Grit for my Fabric# sysytem, refines the edges and buffs
  • Kanga A 240/240: I use this as part of my P.R.E.P before nail enhancement services.For streamlining L&P, Brisa and Fabric#. Don't you just love a file that gets in those tight corners lol.....Brill also for natural nail manicures.
  • Koala: 240/1200 soft padded buffer for final smoothing and oil buffing
  • Girlfriend buffer:2400/4000/12000 grit , for that kick butt shine

Hi,

I love the tuxedo too, probably as I was trained by Fiona (above)! :wink2:

Then the Koala Buffer and Girlfriend.

Christian cesars files are my favourite , I love the eliminator and shine the high gloss it creates makes my client want to buy them great retail for nail extensions on top of their cuticle oil;)

Latest posts

Back