Your help and advice!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MarieW

Reaction score
Hi,
Apologies for this unusual request. I am in the very very early stages of setting up a business to help beauty salons (Something i have already done for golf clubs!), its complicated to explain in a message. But before i go down that route I am needing a little advice from someone who has a successful beauty salon.
A 100% promise is i am not trying to sell you anything, really just a few questions about how salons work and to see if it is worth while for me to continue with this business idea. I would really appreciate just a small amount of anyone's time. I can pop into your salon (if your anywhere in west yorkshire)to see you. I would only take about 15mins of your precious time! or if you would prefer i can send you a few questions via a message. The only thing i would'nt be able to show you then is the concept i am trying to launch as it needs to be explained verbally!, To have someone in the industry to have their opinion would be really useful!
So if you can spare any time i would be ever so grateful!!!
I look forward to hearing from somone.
Kind Regards
Marie

Well you've got me intrigued but i'm not in Yorkshire.

Go on try and explain the concept xxx

I'm intrigued aswell now. Perhaps a bit more explanation would get more geeks getting in touch

The best i can do is sum it up in a sentence.

A marketing solution, aimed at improving your communication with your customers using latest technolgy, linked with a buying solution helping save costs in all areas of your business.

It is difficult to describe, but that sums it up.

Does that help?

Marie

I can imagine this is something that could turn out to be too costly to warrant in a small business but i am in yorkshire (shipley) and own my own salon,
im sure i would be able to find some time to chat with you about things if you want, just send me a PM and we will sort details hth
be pre warned, i am brutally honest lol :biggrin:

Hi,
Apologies for this unusual request. I am in the very very early stages of setting up a business to help beauty salons (Something i have already done for golf clubs!), its complicated to explain in a message. But before i go down that route I am needing a little advice from someone who has a successful beauty salon.
A 100% promise is i am not trying to sell you anything, really just a few questions about how salons work and to see if it is worth while for me to continue with this business idea. I would really appreciate just a small amount of anyone's time. I can pop into your salon (if your anywhere in west yorkshire)to see you. I would only take about 15mins of your precious time! or if you would prefer i can send you a few questions via a message. The only thing i would'nt be able to show you then is the concept i am trying to launch as it needs to be explained verbally!, To have someone in the industry to have their opinion would be really useful!
So if you can spare any time i would be ever so grateful!!!
I look forward to hearing from somone.
Kind Regards
Marie

Why not tell everyone on here your idea and see if anyone is interested. Or is it because the higher amount of people who see it means there is more of a chance that someone will rumble it? Sorry but your actions seem as though you are hiding something or being rather devious. Thats the way I see it anyway.

To try to put a bit more meat on the bones as they say, here's a bit more about the idea. Whilst it may not seen to be completely radical, it is the integration of the concept that brings results.
Many of you may already have websites, but a website without a means of driving your customers to it, is a bit like an oasis in the desert, a thing of beauty, but who's going to go there to see it!
My concept starts with a fortnightly electronic newsletter, written by us, on your behalf, and despatched by us to your email database. The newsletter is up to date, and more like a very short magazine, giving information about the services you offer in your salon. Each newsletter is bespoke to your product/service offering, featuring only the services you provide (so if you don't do "nails", articles on nails would never feature). The newsletter is also a place to feature product, and explain the benefits of the product you sell and to promote it. (You can also print it out and leave it in the salon for customers to read). Everything we write is aimed at driving business. When writing articles we use what are called neurolinguistic programming techniques, a writing technique that is subtle enough to get your customers to read the articles, but clever enough to always drive towards an action i.e. buy product, book a service.
The newsletter is also used to pull customers into your website, managed and written by us, with content that you approve. In the website we would provide online booking facilities, and we can expand on articles written in the e-newsletter, as well as include prices, articles about staff etc... The online booking system would also automatically email customers 24 hours before an appointment to remind them, and text them 1 hour before to remind them again, so reducing cancellations.
By working together we can also drive cost out of the business by negotiating on your behalf with suppliers. i.e. we can aggregate the buying power of a number of salons to reduce prices with the big suppliers, and also tap into their marketing budgets to get them to sponsor your emails and websites.
We have a few other excellent ideas to drive sales and save money - but I can't give away all my secrets!!!
Obvioulsy I need to charge for this service, we're all business women/men, but its not as expensive as you might think and the savings I'm sure I can deliver (fewer cancellations, re-negotiated supplier terms, ...) reduce this cost further still.
Primarily I belive that all businesses need to market their services and spend, for a small business 5 - 10% of their turnover on marketing (well thats a business norm), but I can provide these services for much less than that.
My next step is to try and show a few people the quality of website and newsletter we can produce, and to speak to a few individuals to get their ideas on my idea. (We have sucessfully done this in the golf industry working with golf professional who like you run their own, sometime quite small, retail businesses from the golf shop at a golf club, and it has proved a great success)
I look forward to reading your responses and thank you for taking time to read this

To try to put a bit more meat on the bones as they say, here's a bit more about the idea. Whilst it may not seen to be completely radical, it is the integration of the concept that brings results.
Many of you may already have websites, but a website without a means of driving your customers to it, is a bit like an oasis in the desert, a thing of beauty, but who's going to go there to see it!
My concept starts with a fortnightly electronic newsletter, written by us, on your behalf, and despatched by us to your email database. The newsletter is up to date, and more like a very short magazine, giving information about the services you offer in your salon. Each newsletter is bespoke to your product/service offering, featuring only the services you provide (so if you don't do "nails", articles on nails would never feature). The newsletter is also a place to feature product, and explain the benefits of the product you sell and to promote it. (You can also print it out and leave it in the salon for customers to read). Everything we write is aimed at driving business. When writing articles we use what are called neurolinguistic programming techniques, a writing technique that is subtle enough to get your customers to read the articles, but clever enough to always drive towards an action i.e. buy product, book a service.
The newsletter is also used to pull customers into your website, managed and written by us, with content that you approve. In the website we would provide online booking facilities, and we can expand on articles written in the e-newsletter, as well as include prices, articles about staff etc... The online booking system would also automatically email customers 24 hours before an appointment to remind them, and text them 1 hour before to remind them again, so reducing cancellations.
By working together we can also drive cost out of the business by negotiating on your behalf with suppliers. i.e. we can aggregate the buying power of a number of salons to reduce prices with the big suppliers, and also tap into their marketing budgets to get them to sponsor your emails and websites.
We have a few other excellent ideas to drive sales and save money - but I can't give away all my secrets!!!
Obviously I need to charge for this service, we're all business women/men, but its not as expensive as you might think and the savings I'm sure I can deliver (fewer cancellations, re-negotiated supplier terms, ...) reduce this cost further still.
Primarily I believe that all businesses need to market their services and spend, for a small business 5 - 10% of their turnover on marketing (well that's a business norm), but I can provide these services for much less than that.
My next step is to try and show a few people the quality of website and newsletter we can produce, and to speak to a few individuals to get their ideas on my idea. (We have successfully done this in the golf industry working with golf professional who like you run their own, sometime quite small, retail businesses from the golf shop at a golf club, and it has proved a great success)
I look forward to reading your responses and thank you for taking time to read this
We offer paid for banner advertising as spam and/or hook and bait advertising isn't permitted on the site.

http://www.salongeek.com/index.php?page=advertise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back