Your opinion on my salon name and slogan

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone. im new here. not completely new to the industry though. I am drawing up a business plan for my salon, that already kind of exists. but for when im finished studying and want to move to a bigger premises and be a real business rather than a home business. I have chosen a name and slogan but would like some professionals opinion on it. And for those who dont like it, some catchy yet intelligent suggestions. the name that i chose is Aesthetic Addiction Hair & Beauty and my slogan is Welcome to Aesthetic Hairven. what do you think?

it really depends on the segment of the market you're trying to target - high dollar? budget? men? women? families as a whole? quick service? luxury service? edgy and avant garde? classic and sophisticated? hair only? hair + makeup + skin services? weddings/special occasions?

i'm not saying you have to put yourself in a single box, but at the same time you can't be everything to every person either.

omg, maybe that marketing degree i earned wasn't a waste of my money ha.

I'd drop the aesthetic bit.
"Addiction Hair & Beauty" sounds more edgy.
Personally the word hairven just doesn't till of the tongue for me. Xx

Yeah i dont have a salon but i would too drop the aesthetic bit personally just dosent sound as good . :) but at the end of the day its your salon and your name that you need to be pround of :)

lol.... now that you mention that marketing degree. oh how i wish i had one. busy with a assignment for a marketing campaign. omgosh, Im totally clueless. Budget? really who does that nowadays. thanks for the imput. will rethink some of the other details.

Scottydolly... ya im also pondering the aesthetic part. maybe Hair and Beauty Addiction.
or maybe just Curl up and Dye... lol I think thats a bit morbid

That'd be eight words and a (&) symbol in just one logo/business name.

It's faaaaaaaaaaaar too long.

There's about five ideas all in the same name, and they're all competing with each other for attention. Just take your favourite part of what you're trying to portray and "distill" it.

Look at most of the worlds top brands, Apple, Dior, Nike etc etc...all really short snappy names.

Extensionize... what is you take on Estetica?:idea:

Hmm...not for me. I think you right going down the right road in terms of shortening it. It just seems slightly gimmicky.

Aesthetica is nice though....

p.s What's wrong with Aesthetic Angel?...LOADS of cool imagery to play with in that name too.

I kinda like that. seeing that my surname means little angel. lol and before when i just did beauty i used the name Angelic Beauty. I wanted to say Aesthetica, but i think most people dont really know what it means or maybe dont know how to pronounce it. im from South Africa and Education is poor here. So im feeling even more confused now. Aesthetic Addiction, Aesthetica or Aesthetic Angel. this gets tougher by the post.

I kinda like that. seeing that my surname means little angel. lol and before when i just did beauty i used the name Angelic Beauty. I wanted to say Aesthetica, but i think most people dont really know what it means or maybe dont know how to pronounce it. im from South Africa and Education is poor here. So im feeling even more confused now. Aesthetic Addiction, Aesthetica or Aesthetic Angel. this gets tougher by the post.

If you're worried that people won't understand Aesthetica then adding Angel or Addiction won't help make it any clearer what you do. I don't like angel or addiction but much prefer Aesthetica or Estetica, I think they are far edgier & evoke an idea of a beauty clinic. Depends on the impression you want to give.

Latest posts

Back