Your opinions please......

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joanne1989

Reaction score
Hi girls, i'm currently trained in manicure & pedicure (since 2009), Spray tanning (since 2011) and minx (since 2011).
I want to start getting more qualifications but was wondering which is worth doing? i dont want to qualify for something that wont be very popular and wont bring any money in.
I'm going to do NVQ2 Beauty Therapy in September but want to get another qualification just for now.

What have you done that has really been worth while? xx

Hi hun, are there any courses you are considering?

My most popular treatments are Shellac, spray tanning and threading if that helps at all?
Rhiannon x

See I've been umming and aaring about Shellac but in scared I'm not gonna be able to do it because I've tried acrylics and failed miserably. They just lift all the time. And I find the more I try the harder it gets! So I've taken some time out from it for now and I'll give it a go later. Have you had any problems like this with shellac?
Thanks for your reply xx

In my opinion Shellac is nowhere near as hard as l&p enhancements. If you can paint nails well, then you'll be fine with Shellac. It's a power polish so it's aimed towards natural nail clients. I only introduced it into my salon in December and it's already my most popular treatment by far!

Maybe you could go and get your own nail Shellac'd to see how it works?
Rhiannon x

I've just noticed you're in Southampton, I'm in Southampton too! :)
Rhiannon x

Yeah that's a good idea. How do you prep the nail or shellac? Is it the same as prepping for minx?
Where abouts are you in Southampton? I'm in Sholing. Such a small world! Xx

Things like threading and waxing are good as there is always a need for this...

Eyelashes are very popular for me at the moment and I make a good profit from them. X

Latest posts

Back