Your thoughts about my name

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TweezerHappy

Reaction score
I had decided to call myself L.A.C Nails & Beauty. I currently offer gel nails. In September I will be starting Nail Care at College so will be offering Mani/Pedi from December and L&P from March 2010.

In October I'll be training in Flirties and plan to concentrate more in this.

Do you think I should think of a name and create a website just for lashes? Like L.A.C Lashes, or something like that?

Or maybe I could have L.A.C Lashes but on that website have 'also available' or something along those lines?

Would you think it was strange if you came across a website called L.A.C Nails & Beauty but they're pushing eyelash extensions and not so much in the way of nails and beauty?

I had decided to call myself L.A.C Nails & Beauty. I currently offer gel nails. In September I will be starting Nail Care at College so will be offering Mani/Pedi from December and L&P from March 2010.

In October I'll be training in Flirties and plan to concentrate more in this.

Do you think I should think of a name and create a website just for lashes? Like L.A.C Lashes, or something like that?

Or maybe I could have L.A.C Lashes but on that website have 'also available' or something along those lines?

Would you think it was strange if you came across a website called L.A.C Nails & Beauty but they're pushing eyelash extensions and not so much in the way of nails and beauty?

I posted on your other thread re your initials lol, I always want to decipher them!

I think it helps you to promote your name for what it is you do, so if you want to push the lashes only then you could call your self something Lashes and as you do more add Lashes and Beauty.

I like your name can you not use that. You see when I see LAC I think of Los Angeles, Which you could use as LA Lashes which has a ring to it as people think of LA with glamour, and then you can tell them its your name.

Kate x

I like your name can you not use that. You see when I see LAC I think of Los Angeles, Which you could use as LA Lashes which has a ring to it as people think of LA with glamour, and then you can tell them its your name.

LA Lashes! Nice! Kind-of a cross between LA Tan and Hollywood Lashes - but if it's not trademarked, then go for it!!!

Oh, I quite like LA Lashes. What about L-A Lashes, or does that look stupid?

How do I check if it's trademarked?

I think LA Lashes sounds good, L-A Lashes is a bit random! I agree that you could turn it into LA Lashes & Beauty later on as well.

Thanks Ruth

I did a search on that site for everything with lashes and nothing came up for LA Lashes or L-A Lashes.

I definitely like having something Lashes and having 'other treatments'.

After speaking to you Ruth I jumped the gun and bought lacnailsandbeauty.co.uk. Oh, well. Only £7.

Cool! 123-reg.co.uk, I hope :)

Yes, it was 123-reg.co.uk. I wouldn't use any other after you said you use them. Lol.

I just text a few friends to see what they thought of LA Lashes, L.A.C Lashes & L-A Lashes.

Both of them got back to me and said LA Lashes. Sounds glam, reminds them of Los Angeles and Hollywood Lashes. (great minds, eh?) Except I'm going to be training in Flirties with Loubylou, but I don't think that will be a problem as there will be no mention of Hollywood Lashes on my website. (nothing against them of course) And I will have Flirties images.

Ruth, do you know if it's possible to convert jpeg or bmp to PNG?

Off back to 132-reg. Lol.

Ruth, do you know if it's possible to convert jpeg or bmp to PNG?

Yes, although there's not much point in converting JPEG to PNG, as JPEG is compressed already, so you won't gain any quality back by converting to PNG - you'll just increase the file size - so it's a fairly pointless exercise. It's akin to burning a low bit rate MP3 file to CD and expecting it to sound as good as the original CD...

But converting BMP to PNG is a good idea, as PNG will take up a lot less space than BMP...

My recommendation is to download IrfanView, IrfanView - Official Homepage - one of the most popular viewers worldwide as that makes it easy to convert between various graphics file formats... it's a free download as well...

Thanks Ruth.

And big thanks to everyone else for your input. You have all been a great help. :hug:

Love LA Lashes :)

Hubby came up with another name.

Glasgow Lasher. Hmmm!
Posted via Mobile Device

Hubby came up with another name.

Glasgow Lasher. Hmmm!
Posted via Mobile Device

I wonder what's going on in that brain of your hubby's :green:

I wonder what's going on in that brain of your hubby's :green:

Me too.

He said he's going to design me another logo.

A shadow figure going to stab someone with a mascara brush in one hand and a bottle of buckfast in the other. Lol.
Posted via Mobile Device

Latest posts

Back