Zone 1 thickness problem...help!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DONZIE

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I seem to be having a problem with one particular client. I'm still learning and find that most of the time I don't pick up enough white to cover the whole tip in zone 1. I create the smile line first (or as best as I can at the moment) then when I try to add more white to get a little thickness and cover the tip at the free edge, it just doesn't seem to build up at the edge.
Does anyone know what it is I'm doing wrong please?

Thanks

Donna

Hi Donna, What products are you using? I normally dip my brush in the liquid, wipe once fully, then a half wipe, then dip just the very tip of the brush into the powder and hold for a count of ' one and two and three'.... then remove. when you place it on the nail, allow the same count for it to settle.
I am using creative retention + so not sure if its different for other systems but it might work - try it x

Your member details say you did your CND foundation, so I'm assuming you're using Creative :D

A bigger bead will resolve your issue - wipe your brush on the dappen dish a bit less, leave slightly more liquid in your brush, pick up a larger bead.

Double check your brush angle too - are you holding it too high and not flat to the tip?

HTH
Trin
xx

Thanks for your replies. Yes I am Creative trained and I'm using Retention+ and perfect colour powders. I'll take on board what you have both said cos both replies made sense
Donna

Latest posts

Back