1st Shellac attempt! What do you think?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHELSEAHARVEY

Reaction score
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1384191005.199298.jpg

Never paint my own nails I use to pay to get them done although the last year have been having shellac

This is my 1st attempt at shellac & my own hands what do you think? Hard up get close but not to close to the cuticle.

When rubbing down at the end I also got some red come out on the lint free pad is that because there want enough top coat on the nail plate or near the free edge??

Would you pay for these? Honest opinions although would expect nothing less on here LOL

View attachment 47639

Never paint my own nails I use to pay to get them done although the last year have been having shellac

This is my 1st attempt at shellac & my own hands what do you think? Hard up get close but not to close to the cuticle.

When rubbing down at the end I also got some red come out on the lint free pad is that because there want enough top coat on the nail plate or near the free edge??

Would you pay for these? Honest opinions although would expect nothing less on here LOL

Are you a qualified nail tech or have you just bought the stuff?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I do not think the application looks as clean as it should do for a professional application. It looks the way most women would paint their own nails to me.

Cleaner perimeters needed IMHO

Are you a qualified nail tech or have you just bought the stuff?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I did a manicure course Fri but that's as far as it goes

I do not think the application looks as clean as it should do for a professional application. It looks the way most women would paint their own nails to me.

Cleaner perimeters needed IMHO

What am I doing wrong then as I thought that. I did the application as it should be done thin layers

If any needs to be tidied I agree I guess just acetone would work
On a orange stick & give it a wipe/rub

Painting your own hands is always harder but they don't look like they do when I
Have my hands shellaced by someone??

What am I doing wrong then as I thought that. I did the application as it should be done thin layers

Painting your own hands is always harder but they don't look like they do when I

A clean, crisp free margin is what you have not done; this clean, crisp perimeter is one of the things that absolutely defines a professional manicure as opposed to an amateur-type application. It should be achieved as part of your application, not done with a clean up, mopping up application.

I personally never use acetone to tidy a perimeter .. Only NailFresh from CND .. So superior to Acetone and no sticky residue. Any professional who compared the two would never use acetone again.

A clean, crisp free margin is what you have not done; this clean, crisp perimeter is one of the things that absolutely defines a professional manicure as opposed to an amateur-type application. It should be achieved as part of your application, not done with a clean up, mopping up application.

I personally never use acetone to tidy a perimeter .. Only NailFresh from CND .. So superior to Acetone and no sticky residue. Any professional who compared the two would never use acetone again.

Geeg can you tell me your routine for any tidying up with nail fresh that you do please. Thanks

Geeg can you tell me your routine for any tidying up with nail fresh that you do please. Thanks

Had a little 'lol' at the idea that geeg would be routinely tidying up her nail polish application!! I think I know what you mean't though.

In this thread geeg has explained a little how to use it:
http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/147576-cnd-nail-fresh.html

basically a detailing brush dipped in nail fresh and that's it... i have also seen a tip elsewhere about securing the nail fresh to your desk with blue tack to keep it secure incase it's knocked.

I recommend a Shellac class where you will learn how to paint like a pro.

Just booked mine for Feb :)

Latest posts

Back