SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xpennyx

Reaction score

Last edited:
Yes I have had it done many many moon's ago, it's the most basic form of highlighting, you put the cap on there are lots of different kinds and pull the hair through with a hook then put your colour on :-D

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek

Yes I have had it done many many moon's ago, it's the most basic form of highlighting, you put the cap on there are lots of different kinds and pull the hair through with a hook then put your colour on ,you don't seen to be in the hair industry, what it this information for :-D

hi,
what exactly is involved with cap streaking?
who here has had this done before? (not just done it)

I've done it before it should only really be used on hair that's an inch long x

Last edited:
I had it done once and never would again my hair was past my shoulders. Ouch. Its definitely better on shorter hair but i haven't used one since i was training x

Its a rubber(?) cap you put on someones head, its got holes in all over, you use a hook to pull bits of hair through and colour them x

hi,
what I mean is, what exactly is it? x

It's like a big rubber cap with lots of tiny holes all over , then you have a little hook which you put in the cap which pulls the hair through that's it really , Lynn explained it to you x

Its a rubber(?) cap you put on someones head, its got holes in all over, you use a hook to pull bits of hair through and colour them x

Posted at same time lol x

Last edited:
anyone close to Durham / Essex who could do mine??

Does anyone have any pics they have taken of one in use? x

Look on you tube to see how it's done x

anyone close to Durham / Essex who could do mine??

Does anyone have any pics they have taken of one in use? x

Google cap highlights, it'll give you lots of pictures.

Last edited:
I have photo's in my training portfolio of clients having it done though. I don't think any of them would be worried about me blackmailing them though.
Is having highlights embarrassing?

How long / short is your hair ?

Last edited:
I think the best thing you could do is get a mobile hairdresser or go to a salon or look online !
We have explained to you what it is , the pictures will be on google images , you tube so maybe have a look at that xx

Lol I don't mean it so much as "blackmailing" (I'm bad with words due to a disability so please bear with me)
I meant that say you did a family members hair and took pics of them to have a laugh with =]
Are you able to show any of the training pics?

My hair is about 1.5 inches, maybe 2 inches at a push

:) I can't publish pictures of my clients on here without their permission, I'm afraid. I just took them as evidence for my training portfolio, to show what type of look can be achieved with cap highlights, not so much having a joke with them. Sorry!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back