A helping hand for the elderly

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Hat

Reaction score
In a bid to bring a different kind of care to Britain’s older generation, a new beauty concept has been set up to provide beauty services to elderly people.

The idea behind Happi Hands is to offer gentle contact through expertly trained staff to one of the country’s most needy sections of society. Alongside manicures and hand treatments, the company has developed treatments like its ‘slow-stroke’ massage, created from research which states such movements are highly beneficial to out-patients with Alzheimer’s Disease.

Jane Lightfoot, the founder of Happi Hands, said: “We offer a completely new approach to the care of one of the most neglected groups in society, the elderly. When you’ve got young kids you’re touching them all the time, you stroke them when they’re upset, you stroke them to make them feel better. When you’re adult though, it all changes. That’s even truer in a care home – and that’s when people need that touch most.”

Attachments

• image.jpg.jpeg
    image.jpg.jpeg
    36.4 KB · Views: 1,293
Apart from running my own mobile beauty business, I work part time in a care home as a senior carer, I also do holistic therapies, nails and massage for the residents. Its so nice to be appreciated for what we do instead of being moaned at by clients because were maybe running 5minutes late.

What a lovely idea, I wonder how you get involved in it, and whether you would need any extra training. x

Wow, such a worthwhile cause! Definitely something that hasn't been thought of before! Where will you be offering these services as I know of a few care homes that may be interested in getting involved!!

That is an awesome idea, it is great to hear about the forgotten of society having something to lift their spirits and make them feel special. :D it is surprising what a gentle touch can do. :hug: x

Latest posts

Back