Advertising through schools?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miss_janie

Reaction score
Hi guys!

I have my own small salon room in my home. I live down the same road as a infant/junior school. I was wondering if anyone has advertised their business through a school before? Or is this a bit of a weird thing to do? I live so close to the school that it just makes sense to me for people that want appointments just before/after the school run.

Any advice would be great!

Hand out some flyers at the school gate, make sure you are wearing a great set of nails as an advert :cool:

One of our Client Salon Owners has their salon near a school. She changed her appointment hours slightly to suit drop off and pick up. Got flyers out. Boom! Her income flew up!

I didn't know if it'd be weird to stand by a school giving out leaflets??

I've emailed the school to get their permission - I don't want to be chased away!

I've emailed the school to get their permission - I don't want to be chased away!

Why would you be chased away? I think you're over thinking it :) - I would possibly make sure to pick up any thrown away leaflets, the school/residents might not be too impressed with litter in the street but you're not doing anything wrong.

Not weird at all! My client salon owner just dressed smartly, kept a big friendly smile on her and politely started handing out.

Each time she just said quickly “hi, I’ve just opened a new salon round the corner and can I give you a flyer. Free coffee by the way.”

The free coffee with each cut went down well.

If you ask permission the school will 100% say no. It's a public place though so nothing they can do. Just make sure to tidy up any on the floor at the end.

My beauty salon is close to two schools and I handed out flyers for my launch which were very well received I got a lot of interest and bookings, but I could do with keeping it up and doing more leaflets as its tailed off a bit now. Another good thing to do is to make yourself known to scout/brownies/school PTA’s/local charity’s/animal rescue centres etc and sponsor them (kids football teams are great) or give them vouchers to use as prizes on charity events as that way you are getting known in the community as generous and are getting potential new customers that will hopefully continue to re-book.

Latest posts

Back