Advice needed-CND Shellac cured with cheaper lamp?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

natalie <3

Reaction score
Hi
Ive just agreed to rent a room at my local sunbed shop!!
The thing is I love CND shellac- & want to buy a starter kit, just don't know weather to invest in the CND LED lamp too??
It's just so expensive and because Iam starting out trying to keep prices down
Anybody know of a good cheaper LED lamp that will cure my shellac?? Plus would you guys go with vinylux Polish too??? Or cheaper range
Advice pls girlies x

I would go with CND led lamp, it's completely worth the extra pennies as it will last you in the long run xo

When i used to offer Shellac as a treatment, i used the cheap, white lamps you can buy off ebay for £20. I now only do shellac on myself and still use this the cheaper lamp. I have never come across any issues or problems. However, if i was to offer it as a treatment again, id deffo buy the CND lamp as it looks more professional and if any issues occur, i can go straight to the company as i would be using all there equipment and products.

In regards to polish, i think CND is over rated and expensive. I find, OPI, china glaze etc are just as good and the colours are better x

The CND UV/LED lamp are the only ones that can guarantee a proper cure ... If you want to avoid system breakdown you will need to invest in either one of these lamps.

The CND lamp has been designed for CND shellac ... If you want to take on CND Shellac then wouldnt take the risk of a cheaper lamp. To the eye, an alternative lamps may appear to cure Shellac, but don't take things at 'face value'.

Personally, I couldn't afford the LED lamp at the time, so I bought the CND UV lamp.

Thanks girls. I will invest in the CND lamp then as you all say the same! Iam sure it will be worth the money in the long run ️xxx

Let me flip this..... Yes you are starting out. Yes you are trying to keep costs down, yes other people have used a cheaper lamp alternative without issue. But the long & short of it is you cannot fully guarantee your work if YOU ARE NOT using the COMPLETE SYSTEM! If there is a problem with your work you may not be able to pinpoint the issue. But ultimately can you afford to risk the reputation of a new business & not have a returning clientele, if your work system is not Upto scratch!? This is an investment in your business (& I'm not just talking about the lamp) any products/equipment/courses you go on are all investments in your future business. You HAVE TO spend money to make money! And I'm sorry to sound harsh (this is not a direct reflection on your post) but there are a lot of "just starting out, cannot afford "blank" on here. Personally I would wait & save.Only you can make the decision on which direction you go with the equipment you purchase. But you need to look at it as an investment & not just wasted money! I'll leave you with this.... "Buy cheap buy twice!" Good luck! [emoji4]

Let me flip this..... Yes you are starting out. Yes you are trying to keep costs down, yes other people have used a cheaper lamp alternative without issue. But the long & short of it is you cannot fully guarantee your work if YOU ARE NOT using the COMPLETE SYSTEM! If there is a problem with your work you may not be able to pinpoint the issue. But ultimately can you afford to risk the reputation of a new business & not have a returning clientele, if your work system is not Upto scratch!? This is an investment in your business (& I'm not just talking about the lamp) any products/equipment/courses you go on are all investments in your future business. You HAVE TO spend money to make money! And I'm sorry to sound harsh (this is not a direct reflection on your post) but there are a lot of "just starting out, cannot afford "blank" on here. Personally I would wait & save.Only you can make the decision on which direction you go with the equipment you purchase. But you need to look at it as an investment & not just wasted money! I'll leave you with this.... "Buy cheap buy twice!" Good luck! [emoji4]
Great reply.
Just starting out is a time where you have go spend the money...but of course you make compromises and set budgets...As I said, I had set a budget and made a compromise, rather than get the LED lamp, i got the UV lamp - and that's because it was designed for CND Shellac.
Never compromise on quality.

Latest posts

Back