Advice Needed on Possible Treatment Room

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GracefulH&B

Reaction score
Hey Guys

I would really appreciate your thoughts and advice on a treatment room I am going to view on Thursday. It is approx 14" x 7" (4 x 2). It costs £50 a week and includes electricity, rates, wireless broadband, alarm, private car parking. It has a telephone line in, it just needs activating. It is in a business centre which has just opened in a seaside town. The business centre is on the main road and gets a fantastic passing trade but the treatment room is inside; I would have to get an A board to let people know I was in the business centre. In summer the area is absolutely bunged; you can't move. In winter, it's quite. I am a holistic therapist (reflexology, indian head massage, hopi ear candle, etc) and a Foot Health Practitioner (like a chiropodist) and I am hopefully going to start NVQ II Beauty Therapy in September. I was going to open a Salon towards the end of next year anyway but this room has come up and it seems to good an opportunity to miss. What do you all think? Also, what sort of things do I need to ask/look for when i go to view the room.

Thanks very much

Mandy

Hi, I would say go for it. All you need is get your name out there and you'll never look back. Some of the questions you might want to ask are as follows.
(1) Can they promote your services on their website if they have one?
(2) Can you paint and decorate the room as you like?
(3) Is there hot running water and sink? If not, would they be able to fit one?
(4) Would you get a contract?
Make sure you look out for location, parking, competition, room size, window/ventilation, wash hand basin and rent. A few of these points are negligible if the location and parking is right.
Good luck and all the best.
Sent from my Desire HD using SalonGeek

Thanks very much for your advice. I'v written them points down to ask them when I go. Does anybody else have any advice or thoughts on this?

Latest posts

Back