Advise on Trainer Hands

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shelley Clarke

Reaction score
Hi
I'm just considering buying a trainer hand and wondered if anyone has info re them. I have about 10 clients, 3 of which are regulars others for special occasions. Is it worth buying the trainer hand for more experience and practising nail art or should i just keep practising on nail tips. My clients are very happy with their nails. So i'm in two minds at the mo about how to better my skills

Shelley:rolleyes:

Shelley Clarke said:
Hi
I'm just considering buying a trainer hand and wondered if anyone has info re them. I have about 10 clients, 3 of which are regulars others for special occasions. Is it worth buying the trainer hand for more experience and practising nail art or should i just keep practising on nail tips. My clients are very happy with their nails. So i'm in two minds at the mo about how to better my skills

Shelley:rolleyes:

Hiya Shelley,
Its depends if you have enough people to practise on, and are not making a mess of there nails.
I have one and still use it to practise new products or nail art on.
Unlike a human model i can do things wrong until i get perfect at it.
I wouldnt like to go back to not having one :)
But its your choice.

All my clients are really pleased with their nails and say they get lots of compliments (which is good) cause that's how i've generally got my clients by word of mouth. Although i'm going to start advertising now. But with regard to painting the nails and nail art, i do need a lot of practise as if clients are going out they like to have little motifs put on or rhinestones, which i have had a little bit of practise on but i know practice makes perfect. So i'll have a really good think about.

Shelley:)

lesley1965 said:
Hiya Shelley,
Its depends if you have enough people to practise on, and are not making a mess of there nails.
I have one and still use it to practise new products or nail art on.
Unlike a human model i can do things wrong until i get perfect at it.
I wouldnt like to go back to not having one :)
But its your choice.

HI Shelly,only my opinion but i would be lost without HILDA[the hand],she is brilliant for practising new techniques,application,blending tips in etc,and won't complain if you accidently file her cuticles and looses half a pint of blood :rolleyes: but if it was only to practice nail art on i would stick to tips cos the hands are not cheap, but worth every penny for practising applications etc. :) Debbie.

Thanks for the feedback.

I'll sleep on it tonight.
The reason i'm taking my time is because i have bought new products in the past thinking they're a good idea and have never used them:rolleyes: so i'm thinking carefully before i go ahead.

Thanks again

Shelley:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back