Airbase troubles

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stace7

Reaction score
Hi all, I was wondering if anyone could share any tips on using airbase makeup. I've been using it for about 3 years now but I'm finding it to be looking quite dry and sometimes abit cakey?? They cakeyness of it may be my fault as I've had a couple of brides wanting full coverage so I've tried applying more product and it doesn't look good!
Do you think it may be worth trying a different primer? And how would you give a more full coverage? I have a bride wanting to hide her freckles.

Thanks in advance x

Hi

If a clients skin is very dry to start with, then there is a chance of it looking cakey but as someone with extremely dry and sensitive skin myself there are ways to work around it when using Airbase. This is what I've found works on myself and clients with various skin types :

1) Apply a really good moisturiser, I make my own natural balm and use a little bit more than usual, it works a treat underneath the primer and it adds to the dewy look.
2) Don't over do it with the primer, less is more (I've found too much primer can create a cakey look).
3) Make sure the foundations are the correct consistency to start with and apply in thin layers, it doesn't matter what coverage the client wants as you can achieve this by doing as many layers as you wish, just keep each one thin. If you try to apply too much at once then there is a good chance of it caking on any skin type.
4) If using powder to set the foundation, I wait until the end of the makeup application and use only a tiny amount. For clients with dry skin, I then put some of the moisturising balm sparingly on my palms and gently pat onto the face to help stop it drying out later on.

Hope this helps,
Stacy x

Thank you Stacy!

I do tend to apply the primer heavier than what I probably should so I'll definitely apply less next time. I saw on another thread on here about using Embryolisse moisturiser? Have you tried that and if so what do you think? My boss ( who isn't airbase trained) keeps saying to apply alot in one go as she thinks that works for her but I know it just looks awful!

I like the tip of putting moisturising balm on at the end!

Thanks! X

I use Embroylisse and really like it but its just a moisturiser at the end of the day. If its looking thick and cakey After you have prepped the skin correctly then I think you need to sheer down the foundation with a little bit of thinner and apply in thin layers gradually. I also set Airbase with powder right away as it can move around when touched if its not been set.

I hope this helps.

Latest posts

Back