Allergic to hair colour

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Goldwell elumen, permanent, no need for skin test, no ammonia, no peroxide, no ppd.

Keune Tinta color - Keune are one of the only haircosmetics companies in the world to remove all PPD's from their ranges, resulting in far less allergic reactions. Harder to get hold of unless your salon changes their colour brand as not sold at local distributors in UK.

Most colour brands don't use PPD.

Hi all does any one know of a brand that I could use that isn't going to react on my client?

Wella colour innocence, still obvs need 2 skin test but think it will be your best bet x

My client was actually allergic to 5 different ingredients as well as ppd - nightmare - spent almost 2 hours looking in the salon shop thru every brand ! Gave up in the end - just did plat highlights and was a lovely result but just goes to show how important skin testing is!!! She previously had her hair coloured in a salon and because it was highlights they said it was fine no need to skin test? I am mobile / work p/ t in salon - scared what I hear sometimes!!

A few weeks ago we had a client who has a severe allergy to tint. Legally we were only allowed to do foils. Colouring an allergic client is not worth the risk.

A few weeks ago we had a client who has a severe allergy to tint. Legally we were only allowed to do foils. Colouring an allergic client is not worth the risk.

Nothing to do with legally!!!

You cannot colour someone's hair who has had reaction it voids your insurance. Weather you wack it on their scalp, foils or then smear it on their face.

If you went on a doctors forum and saw people asking if it's it's ok to give penicillin to clients that have reacted or 'mrs smith had an allergic reaction, but I just give her it anyway' you would be worried.

Open up the tube of colour, read the instructions and follow them.

Wella have a ppd free range you could try. Skin test first of course!

Emma-Louise

Most brands are ppd free now.

The wella chemicals still cause severe allergic reaction. Personally I feel the product is very misleading. Considering skin testing is such a grey area, I feel this product promotes working on allergic clients with a powerful chemical.

The idea is you are less likely to react.

Most brands are ppd free now.

The wella chemicals still cause severe allergic reaction. Personally I feel the product is very misleading. Considering skin testing is such a grey area, I feel this product promotes working on allergic clients with a powerful chemical.

The idea is you are less likely to react.

If you read the advice from wella on Innosense, you would see that they do not recommend it's use on someone who has had a reaction and they do still require a skin test to be done.

"Although the risk of developing new allergy is reduced, there remains a risk of an allergic reaction that can be severe. Always perform an allergy alert test 48 hours before any colour service. If your client ever experienced an allergic reaction to hair colourants, you should not colour."

What's misleading there?

Perhaps read up on what you seem to profess about before you put words in companies mouths.

Note the words 'personally' ' I feel'

Read the topic and then see that someone has recommended innosense.

I've seen on a few posts where its been recommended for allergic clients.

No oxidative colour is suitable for people who have previously reacted.

Perhaps read up on what you seem to profess about before you put words in companies mouths.

Read my post again, before you bite again.

I'm agreeing with you just, pointing out people misinterpretation of the product.

Latest posts

Back