Allergies- my little boy

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cantrelax

Head in the clouds Geek
Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

I am so worried about my little boy. When he was about a year old I gave him a rice cracker with a small amount of peanut butter on it. I was unaware that childrenare not meant to be given peanuts until they are much older.
Anyway he had an allergic reaction and as you can imagine I felt terrible as everyone ALWAYS blames the mother! And they really did blame me, they just seemed to ignore the fact that he has a father!!!! Not that either of us were to blame.

He gradually developed exzema and I used an aloe vera sap on the affected areas and this cleared it up, his skin was perfect. But any changes in washing powder, creams will bring it right back. I have to be so careful, even with his food.

Lately I've noticed that when he comes home from nursery that he has red rings around his eyes. I discussed it with the staff and they assured me that they do not use any soap with the children, or have any food containing nuts. All the relative areas have been checked and so I am stumped and so are they. I thought it may be a gradual reaction to milk but he drinks milk at home!!

I even tried him on Soya milk just to make sure and guess what... He was allergic to that. Its just AWFUL watching him itch himself raw!! He has an allergy test booked for dec 8 so I guess we'll have to wait and see what the test shows up.

Cheers for listening xxx

hiya hun

Dont kids just worry us sick
Hopefully you will get to the bottom of everything he is allergic too
Im allergic to loads of things as well and it is frustrating
Hope your little un feels better soon
Deb x

Hi ya

I sort of know how you feel.

My little girl is allergic to tomatoe sause and all her mouth and lips swell when she has this. Although this seems to be the only thing she is allergic to at the moment its still a worry. Oh forgot she is also allergic to penicillin.

Good luck with you tests.

If they don't use soap, what are they washing their hands with after visiting the toilet? Maybe it is something on his hands? Do they notice if he rubs his eyes at nursery?

I'm a receptionist for Doctor's so i will bring this up & see if they know what it might be..

My son has eczema & i know how hard it is watching what you put on his skin.... we can't even bath him with his sister if she washes her hair because the soap suds bring him up... he baths in Oilatum & that's very good for him.

I'm allergic to Aspirin & Ibuprofen & it's a nightmare

Good Luck with your tests...

my little one is allergic to dairy shellfish tomotoes and nuts as well he always has black rings round his eyes dose him up on vitc and zinc to boost immune system

What kind of allergy test are you having done?

My 10 year old son has just been diagnosed with a milk intolerance following a blood test.

Not all tests are accurate - some are done with urine, weights, muscle response. A blood test is the most accurate but not infallible unfortunately.

Mind, he's been hell on legs since cutting out the milk. Seriously, thinking of putting him back on it! (not really)

It might not be food, of course, my son had to have a skin prick test and patches applied as well for other things including chemicals.

Aw, bless him.

Our oldest son, who is now 4.5, had awfully bad excema in his first year, it came on very suddenly and only affected his face and head - as he was a baldy, he looked like Freddy Krueger for a wee while, poor mite! He had to come off dairy altogether, but once he was a year old we gradually introduced cows milk and thankfully he's not had a relapse - although he gets very blotchy, red marks around his mouth when he eats some things, such as ketchup, avocado or lentil soup(!?)

I really hope you get to the bottom of this, it must be irritating for him AND you.

Good luck, let us know how he gets on with his tests.

Latest posts

Back