Alternative uniform

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MummyCat

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

I'm currently a self employed nail technician and renting a space in a really nice hair salon. The staff all wear what they like to show their creative sides etc...so pretty much anything goes...they're very trendy and look fab.

So I kinda wear what I want to also...but I'm having such clothing issues lately that I want to get myself a uniform. I can't really see myself wearing a white tunic because its not really my style and most certainly not the style of the salon...so I'm trying to think of an alternative.

What do you think of the dress in the picture for an alternate uniform?

Or do you have any other suggestions (please don't say all black...as that doesn't really work with being a cat lady!)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1371153131.239470.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1371153131.239470.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 796
That would look cute, but would you be comfortable wearing it all day? X

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk 2

i love the dress but looks a little low cut at the front to be working in?? jmo....i wear black dresses and i have 3 cats!!i gnerally get ponte material dresses as it doesnt crease when sitting in it all day....ive got some that are black and grey aswell xx

That would look cute, but would you be comfortable wearing it all day? X

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk 2

That's the thing I'm not sure about x

i love the dress but looks a little low cut at the front to be working in?? jmo....i wear black dresses and i have 3 cats!!i gnerally get ponte material dresses as it doesnt crease when sitting in it all day....ive got some that are black and grey aswell xx

It is a bit low cut...that was one of my worries about that particular style.

Oh gosh, I end up with cat hair all over me...so try to avoid wearing black, it's always typical of them to want to sit on me when I'm wearing black.

This style is probably better

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1371157868.414751.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1371157868.414751.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 650
Just a suggestion.
I wear an apron and underneath I wear just a comfortable white top and black trousers. Nice and Comfy and has a retro feel. You can get some really nice shaped designs and they do protect you from spills.

Relatively inexpensive too, so I can update them more frequently.

Here is a picture of the one I have at the moment
Susie Cotton Apron by Ulster Weavers

HTH x

Just a suggestion.
I wear an apron and underneath I wear just a comfortable white top and black trousers. Nice and Comfy and has a retro feel. You can get some really nice shaped designs and they do protect you from spills.

Relatively inexpensive too, so I can update them more frequently.

Here is a picture of the one I have at the moment
Susie Cotton Apron by Ulster Weavers

HTH x

I LOVE that! I did actually think of wearing an vintage style apron while I was thinking about the dresses.

But I'm literally having a really bad clothes disaster right now! (Threw almost all of my wardrobe away) so I need some clothes to go under the apron too. Maybe pencil skirt and a blouse.

Where are those dresses from there beautiful. Xx

I LOVE that! I did actually think of wearing an vintage style apron while I was thinking about the dresses.

But I'm literally having a really bad clothes disaster right now! (Threw almost all of my wardrobe away) so I need some clothes to go under the apron too. Maybe pencil skirt and a blouse.

I like the Idea of the pencil skirt and a blouse underneath, makes it a little smarter...good luck with finding something that works for you x

Totally love this idea of uniform, have to agree with cleavage being low but 2nd dress better for modesty.

I'm off to check out that web site! Looks awesome x

Hi Geeks,

I'm currently a self employed nail technician and renting a space in a really nice hair salon. The staff all wear what they like to show their creative sides etc...so pretty much anything goes...they're very trendy and look fab.

So I kinda wear what I want to also...but I'm having such clothing issues lately that I want to get myself a uniform. I can't really see myself wearing a white tunic because its not really my style and most certainly not the style of the salon...so I'm trying to think of an alternative.

Or do you have any other suggestions (please don't say all black...as that doesn't really work with being a cat lady!)

Could you not wear a vest or a modesty top under to cover your cleavage? Xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek

Totally love this idea of uniform, have to agree with cleavage being low but 2nd dress better for modesty.

I'm off to check out that web site! Looks awesome x

I could do but I think it might ruin the look of the dress...I think going for a higher cut might be better.

Could you not wear a vest or a modesty top under to cover your cleavage? Xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek

Cleavage...what cleavage!? I'm as flat as a pancake lol!:sad: Xx

If you think you would be able to move around and position yourself to do everything throughout the day, then go for whatever makes you feel good. I have an apron with my logo on, but still find myself looking out for something a bit more industry like.

It's how it makes you feel that counts, as well as being practical. :)

What did you end up with in the end? I am trying to find an alternative uniform and somebody suggested a fifties look. Those dresses look great, the blue one looks ideal but I'm slightly concerned what it would look like if you didn't have fifties style hair and make up everyday?

I like Roby uniforms, I find them really comfy. I have a cat that wants to sit on me when I'm wearing it, she must think it looks comfy too ! but I just tickle her under the chin as I don't want my clients who are alleric sneezing all the time.. lol

What did you end up with in the end? I am trying to find an alternative uniform and somebody suggested a fifties look. Those dresses look great, the blue one looks ideal but I'm slightly concerned what it would look like if you didn't have fifties style hair and make up everyday?

I love 50s style but you would have to do the hair at least! Maybe learn a few simple 50s style hair do's? Would look amazing though
To the OP what did you choose in the end? I really want to rent a station in a "nice" salon too! But I'm in London and the prices seen high!

I think the dresses are amazing, you could base your logo/theme around that style too.
It will be a talking point with the hair customers and you could find you get more business from it.

Sorry, I've only just noticed that this thread and been bumped up again!

Well I bought the dress that I mentioned, and I couldn't get my ever growing bum into it! :Scared:

It was gorgeous...but since then, I've decided on getting oversized, roll sleeve t-shirts (the type that they TopShop sales assistants wear) to wear with black leggings. Comfy and creating brand awareness too! x

Latest posts

Back