Am I selfish...Nail Industry.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Qutique

Reaction score
If you are in school and you went away, paid for advance courses in nail design would you give the students or the director of your school the information knowing how the competition is in your country.

I just don't want to seem selfish.

I know everybody has to learn. I guess I will just have to practice and be good at what I learn and keep learning to be great.

Well.......

That's like asking if everyone here should share their information and insight and experience with you.
There are many here that have paid a lot for courses, and paid a lot with 'time' in terms of years of experience.....

And they are here to help you for free.

What if they didn't want to help you, because you are the competition?

So.......... yes... I'm sorry, but it is selfish to hold back info that would help classmates.

PS: just by being a member of this site, you have answered your very own question.

I think in the great scheme of things, there is plenty to go around for all of us. Just because you have competition it dosen't mean you have to find it a threat and be afraid to pass on and share the knowledge you have. Remember what you put into life you will get out, if are willing to help other people, they in turn will be willing to help you should you ever need it.

well thanks for the honest opinions. I did not hold the information back. She is coming early next year to teach our class and persons interested from outside of the school can attend.

:)

I think IMO that there are so many people out there ready to have a go at the nail industry, eg: questioning whether acrylics are safe, what infections can be caught etc........all of these issues are raised through the media or people who have been mis-guided or not educated in the subject.

It's important that we protect our industry by helping each other and keeping each other informed. Lets face it where would we be if nobody trusted a nail technician due to lack of knowledge?

Just wanted to put my point across......this is not a gripe against you at all.......I think it was a very honest and brave thread to post.:wink2:

well thanks for the honest opinions. I did not hold the information back. She is coming early next year to teach our class and persons interested from outside of the school can attend.

:)

Very glad to hear you've made this choice!

:hug:

Latest posts

Back