Angel wings tattoo

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waffle4

Reaction score
Ok, I'm getting a new small tattoo on the top of my forearm to cover up a small naff rose I had done years ago. I'm only small in stature so want something dainty and delicate. I was hoping to have a side view of closed angel wings (don't know if should be coloured or black/grey) with a few swirls and stars going up onto my shoulder. However, I'm having a right palava trying to find a nice design as all pictures of angel wings are open and massive! I went for a consultation at the tattooist yesterday and he said he's not come across any closed wings ever so he drew me a design which I quite liked and I booked the deposit/date for next month but now I keep looking at it and I don't like it. So I wondered if anyone knows/has closed angel wing tattoo pictures I could take inspiration from please and advice on whether I should go for colour or black/grey (bearing in mind it's got to cover up the tiny rose). I've searched the net but have only found open wings which I don't want as they'll be too wide for my little arm!
I know you geeks are a cool lot so am hoping ill get a few replies ;)
Thanks geekies xxx

Have you thot about maybe drawing ur own? Even if it was just a basic drawing to give them the idea of what u want and they could do it in more detail? I have done this before and worked out good!

Have you thot about maybe drawing ur own? Even if it was just a basic drawing to give them the idea of what u want and they could do it in more detail? I have done this before and worked out good!

Hi, yeah I drew (very basic) what I sort of want but the more I'm looking at it the more I'm unsure I like it now!
I think it's coz I want the wings closed and its quite a hard design. The tattooist said some designs just don't work as tattoos so maybe this is one of them? I don't mind something different but want it small, delicate and preferably to do with Angels - what a big ask eh?! X

If you're not sure please just wait until you are! I know so many people who have tattoos which they regret! Do you mean closes like this closed angel wings tattoo - Google Search
Or closed like a butterfly almost?

If you're not sure please just wait until you are! I know so many people who have tattoos which they regret! Do you mean closes like this closed angel wings tattoo - Google Search

Lol yes I will definitely wait until I find the right one. I mean closed wings like a butterfly closed (but side view). Have spent all afternoon trawling the net for inspiration but no joy so think I may go for something else all together. I found a lovely one of a dandelion blowing into the wind..... Xx

Hi, yes don't worry ill definitely wait until I find the right tatt. I mean closed like a butterfly ( obviously side view) which is so hard to find.

I've spent all afternoon searching the net for inspiration but haven't found anything like what I'm searching for :(
Xxx

if you have an idea, find a great reputable tattooist who can draw you some different ideas. I'm in the process of a big back piece (partly a cover up!) and I go to my tattooist with a bunch of ideas and she comes up with designs from there. Worth a shot, they may have a wee creative brainwave as its fresh in their head where you've been thinking about it a while iykwim? xxx

If you know a good tattooists and tell them what your after they can customise it to your specification x

Thanks girls yes I'm gonna phone the tattooist and ask for more advice xx

Latest posts

Back