Animal friendly products?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

verity james

Reaction score
Please can. Anyone recommend products for skincare and makeup that are not tested on animals but are also not expensive so I can use them in my little salon ??

Thanks do much, I'll have a look. X

Hi

Did you find a brand which you like? X

Hi everyone,

I wanted to let you know that any product now sold in the EU for cosmetic purposes are not legally allowed to be tested on animals. Therefore, many brands have stopped talking about this as a selling point because ultimately, nobody has products any more which are tested on animals.

Regards
Chris

Hi everyone,

I wanted to let you know that any product now sold in the EU for cosmetic purposes are not legally allowed to be tested on animals. Therefore, many brands have stopped talking about this as a selling point because ultimately, nobody has products any more which are tested on animals.

Regards
Chris

Many still use ingredients that are tested on animals outside the EU..

Many still use ingredients that are tested on animals outside the EU..

This may well be true, but all products sold in the EU need to be registered on the CPNP. Providing this is done, then all ingredients have therefore been approved.

Unfortunately, the ingredients may be used world over and can often be sourced from many suppliers. Natural ingredients in particular that may be mined from the earth can come from hundreds of suppliers. You cannot stop another brand in another country using a random ingredient and testing on animals.

All we can say, is all ingredients listed through the CPNP are all approved as safe and effective and all manufacturers must essentially pick their ingredients from that list. Therefore, they pretty much already know it's safe and they have no need to test on animals. If a manufacturer wants to add a new ingredient to the list, they must show extensive research into it's safety and it can cost a great deal of money.

All in all though, it's illegal for any european country to offer cosmetic products that are tested on animals. So, either they don't test on animals, or, they may lie to you and say they don't, but this is hardly worthwhile to any company to do this.

Hi everyone,

Regards
Chris
Oh if only this was true, but it's really not that simple.

Not only are there ways around the ban but, if a brand sells in china or other markets that required mandatory animal testing, then they are not cruelty free.

Oh if only this was true, but it's really not that simple.

Not only are there ways around the ban but, if a brand sells in china or other markets that required mandatory animal testing, then they are not cruelty free.

China no longer requires animal testing on the majority of cosmetic products. Finally, they are starting to follow suit.

It's Official! China Ends Mandatory Animal Testing for Cosmetics | Care2 Causes

It's true to say though that some brands may need to have done this testing in order to get into that market and some others around the world. In general though, these will be the main high street retail brands. Very few professional skincare brands from Europe are seen in such markets.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back