Any advice for problem skin?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoUiSe_EvE

Reaction score
Hi, just thought i'd pick a few geeks brains on their advice .
My skin is very oily in t zone and normal/oily in cheeks. I get spots mainly around my chin and lower cheeks area, blackheads and my skin is very reactive to products and sensitive. I also get little bumps and pimples around the jawline, their not spots-they have no head on them, just bumps.

I have regular facials, have tried many high end products as well as products from boots. I also have scarring from previous acne.
Just wonderin' if theres anything any geeks can advise for me? Sorry if i havent explain very well! x :)

I use Dermalogica products and I think you are better off going to a professional salon or a skin bar. They can really see whats going on and will ask many questions and will probably find out the cause.
spots/bumps/pustules on and around the chin is mainly hormonal.

Thanks i will, im gna book in for a facial soon. Its reaallly annoying me, my skin used to be so clear!
Thanks for repyling, i was starting to think i smelt or something, no one was answering lol!

Your skin sounds just like mine. i get the bumps and the same oily areas. My skin is really sensitive.. even a baby wet wipe stings. I have recently had a series of peels, only surface ones, but my blackheads and even any marks of old spots have gone. I love it, i'm even confident enough to go out without make now.

Sorry i know im not a skin proffessional yet but just personal experience.

I'd be inclined to look at what has changed between you having lovely clear skin to how it is now.

Diet
Lifestyle
Products used
Employment
Health

There are no end of things that can affect the skin so if it changed considerably in a relatively short period of time look at the causes, not just the effects.

sounds just like mine,
oily t-zone oily cheeks but around my jaw line i get those bumps 2, almost like constant goose bumps?

Never heard of a face peel before, did it hurt was it expensive and where did u get it from?lol

It was £60 but included a facial too. it does kind of hurt... well feels like a tingly feeling, but it only stays on 2 mins before they wipe it off. I had it done in a private medical clinic, but ive been reading online and alot of places offer it.

Microdermabrasion is what you need!
It is good for acne scarring, large pores, pigmentation, wrinkles etc....
You can have microdermabrasion coupled with oxygen.
At my salon we have an oxyderm machine and when you use the oxygen you can get 6 different infusions. One of them is anti-bacterial which is what i would recommend for your skin.

I was told that before i had some... but as my skin is so senstive the microdermabarasion was too harsh for my skin.. i was left with very dark pigmented skin, especially around the more gentle areas like my eyes. :cry::cry:

bloody hurt too... my tattoos hurt less :lol:

The only thing thats changed really is womens hormonal problems, to do with certain meds that i take. That obviously is what its down to now after seeing your replies. I use exactly the same products as i always have, same diet, same lifestyle etc.

I am interested in microdermabrasion and peels. I am concerned about them though, the only reason i havent had either before is because i have heard they can be harsh on the skin, and i already have sensitive skin. Is this true? What do they consist of, is it like a block of treatments or just the one off?

Thanks -x- :green:

Micro dermabrasion and other peels can be really good! But you do need to carry on with a home care treatment with good professional products. Seeing a professional so they can see your skin would be the best thing to do! Thats what I think anyways!
x

Latest posts

Back