Any advise please..

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bagpuss

Sleepy Geek Zzzzzzzz
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I posted on here a few days ago to explain that i thought doing nails was easy so got the Edge system and started doing my own, taking it off and putting it back on about once a day trying to get it right. Finally getting some good advise from my prev nail tech I booked my foundation course with Creative for Nottingham on 24.10.04 and cannot wait as I have found out the hard way that good training and good products are a must.
My problem now is that i am wrorried about attending my course as i have dammaged my own nails soooo badly, they are red, sore and thin as i must have taken off more that just the gel when i was trying to get it off. We are supposed to be practising on each other and i cant see anyone being able to practise on mine. So my question is, do any of you know of anything i can use on my nails to make them stronger in two weeks ready for my course, but obviously not a gel or anything like that as they have to be natural when i go, i am dreading my tutor seeing what i have done to them.
I dont understand how gel nail products can be sold to just anyone like they were to me as we will end up a nation of nasty nails like mine, i wish i had rung my prev nail tech first then i wouldnt have done it.

any advise would be gratefully received...xxx

Hi Angie

Well, I have to admit, I have been there with poorly nails - at the moment I am loving Toughen Up and plenty of SolarOil. However, you are not going to get your nails back to their former glory in just two weeks. What I did do in the past, when I was off on one or other of my courses and my own nails were too thin and/or sore (yes, I am an obsessive, compulsive picker/biter!) for others to practice on, was to coat them with a fine layer of hard gel so the student could simply buff this down enough to give a good foundation for the enhancement that followed, whilst keeping my nails protected enough. Obviously this isn't a great situation for someone who needs practice for a foundation course because they need to learn about prepping the natural nail for an enhancement, but if your nails are that poorly, they may make an exception in your case? Give them a call and see what advice they can offer in view of your situation.

Apart from Toughen up and Solar oil I don`t think there is anything you can do but wait until they grow out.
I wouldn`t worry too much about your training though cos you shouldn`t be practicing on each other. You will have a nail trainer and your homework will be to put nails on one of your own hands, you`ll just have to be very careful whilst blending tips during this process but with the good training you`re about to have that shouldn`t be too stressful to your nails. Just enjoy

thanks for your help, i will try what you have advised, where would i be able to get these products from...

thanks again xxx

toughen up and solar oil are available from Creative Nail Design/designer nails One Stop Nail Shops. These tend to be items that creative techs and salons retail, so as you need it quick and it is only these products (after training you'll have a LONG list of goodies you'll need and want) why not check out salons and techs in your area who retail products and buy small bottles of each from them. Not sure which would be cheaper - trade price at OSNS but with the postage and packing costs, or off the shelf at a salon but at a retail price... there was a thread on this site last week about toughen up - check it out - i think it was entitled OPI nail envy

hth
hth

Latest posts

Back