Any ideas welcome, Facebook question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarahdennis77

Reaction score
Hi guys I have a Facebook page for my mobile hairdressing business but there seems to be a very slow influx of likers any ideas what I could do to get more likers ???

Pay to advertise on Facebook. Put Facebook on your website and business cards. Run a Facebook like and share completion.

It's a lot of work.

I don't really wanna have to pay for advertising but am willing to try anything else

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using SalonGeek mobile app

You don't want to spend money on advertising with Facebook or advertising in general?

Facebook probably cost ya £10-20.

Just on Facebook hun

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using SalonGeek mobile app

If you do not want to pay to promote your page, your best bet is a competition x

Sparkle on!

Don't pay! Facebook is the best form of free advertising you can get , people just need to use it correctly!!! Network with other local businesses, don't spam! Run competitions, put on pics of your work, hints and tips, links to articles. Make sure your page URL isn't just a number jumble but what you do e.g beautynorthyorkshire

I learnt loads by attending social media marketing course near me, it's about quality of likes rather quantity.

Hello all,
Right, i have read loads on SG about advertising:
Firstly from my perspective, it took me over a year to get 100likes! I ran a competition for two prizes which would be drawn wen I reached 100, when I did reach the milestone lol nobody claimed their prizes after constant messages! Erggg
I have now 114likes lol I thought I would see what this post boosting is about and by accident I put a budget of £8 instead of £3, it had been approx 7 hours and I have had this response! No business likes, just 4 post likes! ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1401655658.855882.jpg
I am so annoyed lol

I paid for FB likes and had a budget of £3 a day for 3 days and I got 50+ likes. I think it all depends on what you put in the target words as you can have up to 10 (If I can remember rightly) so I put things like the town I live in and surrounding plus I put hairdresser and wedding in so I popped up for people looking for those things.

I found it successful and will do it again if my likes start to flake a bit. I am now on 400+

Carly

Yes maybe that is what I should have done instead of boosting a really good photo of my work that proved popular on Pinterest! Oh well! Live n learn x

Yes maybe that is what I should have done instead of boosting a really good photo of my work that proved popular on Pinterest! Oh well! Live n learn x

The only way we ever learn in life is by trying (believe me - I have tried lots and loads) and am still learning.

I have never really 'got' pinterest. I'm flakey on Twitter too but it helps that I have linked it to my fb. I've looked through Pinterest once and got a bit bamboozled by it all. There was so much on there. Does it help business?? Xx

It hasn't helped me yet personally but I think the more people like your photos and pin them to their boards and then they get followerers or followed and then they like etc it will work, right now I'm in the same boat lol x

As I said previously in this post it's about who likes your page rather than how many! I'd rather have 10 local likes than 100 likes I'd paid for that are never going to use my service!

As for Pinterest people will follow your boards, is your website on there? You may not get direct bookings from Pinterest but its about directing traffic and keeping you up google sometimes. Same with stumble upon!

Latest posts

Back