Anyone done the capital mani/pedi course?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blossom

Reaction score
I am looking for a refresher mani/pedi course as I last did one ten years ago and do so few manis and virtually no pedis and want to brush up a bit without it costing a fortune as I want to market them more next year.

Am looking at a capital h&b course which uses NSI mani/pedi kit required to be purchased on day, it is accredited by babtac, professional beauty and the beauty guild and provides a certificate of attendance which enables you to obtain liability insurance . . . . sounds like an ok course to me, anybody have any views or experiences to share please?

(I've never been taught to do scrubs or masks in my last pedi course, it was more basic, does anyone know if I could use them without training?)

I did this before investing in more thorough training - it may have just been the centre I went to but was a complete waste of time and money, we're shown out-dated techniques and had to practice on each other for about 10 mins, we're not shown exfoliation or masks. Some of the painting skills were appalling but we all 'passed' because we showed up.

Sorry for the negative review but it was my experience, may not be the same for you - and we didn't use the NSI kit we used the edge which was rubbish, so they may have improved the course overall. Hope this helps, good luck.

I did this before investing in more thorough training - it may have just been the centre I went to but was a complete waste of time and money, we're shown out-dated techniques and had to practice on each other for about 10 mins, we're not shown exfoliation or masks. Some of the painting skills were appalling but we all 'passed' because we showed up.

Sorry for the negative review but it was my experience, may not be the same for you - and we didn't use the NSI kit we used the edge which was rubbish, so they may have improved the course overall. Hope this helps, good luck.

oh no dont worry, that's exactly the sort of feedback I was looking for, thank you.

Where did you do your more thorough training? x

I did a level 2 Nail Enhancement course at College covering all the systems and mani / pedi - we learnt all the anatomy, product chemistry and also business strategies. I am now looking to do further training with my chosen brand. As you said you'd ideally like to brush up on mani and pedi I would suggest maybe training with the brand you'd like to use learning with their products. Hope this helps :)

I must have been lucky. I did the mani pedi course with capitals and our trainer used to work for Jessica. She taught us so much & have us lots of tips to help us out.
There were only 4 of us which was a nice number and I really did feel confident when I left.(I did a lot of my own research before hand & afterwards anyway as to other products/ etc)

The capitals acrylics course on the other hand, well that's another story 😒
Xx

I also did the capital course and felt that I didn't gain as much training and help as I needed. They taught the basics which was good, but one day was not enough. Sometimes it's good to be able to go home practice and go back in the next day/week to see what you need more help on. The trainer was lovely though and tried but the time constraint didn't help. But lots of practice on friends and family have helped.

Latest posts

Back