Anyone embarked on level 4 advanced skin techniques qualification yet?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swilks12

Reaction score
Hi all, i am wanting to offer skin needling advanced peels etc in my salon and have been advised of the new HEE guidelines of having to be level 6 qualified by sep 2018, i dont disagree with this at all but it's very expensive with it being level 4+ and i just wondered if any fellow geeks had begun the process and if you had managed to obtain any funding in the form of a student loan?

Any feedback greatly appreciated [emoji4]

I don't think you have to be level 6 qualified but I could be wrong, however I took part in the Sally Durant webinar about the new HEE guidelines as I have been doing advanced treatments for years now but only have training certificates through the brands I have used over the years, i was advised by them to do the level 4 diploma in clinical aesthetics and that would be enough, but yes it is so expensive I'm looking to start doing this in sept (just need to save a little first) however this course does not include laser which is a shame as I have been doing laser for a while now and have been trained by syneron candela & ellipse but I'm not sure if this will be enough... But I too am interested if funding is available, I really hope so as it would be a shame to have to stop doing something which I love so much

Level four qcf recognised qualifications can potentially qualify for a 24plus loan for course fees.

I don't think you have to be level 6 qualified but I could be wrong, however I took part in the Sally Durant webinar about the new HEE guidelines as I have been doing advanced treatments for years now but only have training certificates through the brands I have used over the years, i was advised by them to do the level 4 diploma in clinical aesthetics and that would be enough, but yes it is so expensive I'm looking to start doing this in sept (just need to save a little first) however this course does not include laser which is a shame as I have been doing laser for a while now and have been trained by syneron candela & ellipse but I'm not sure if this will be enough... But I too am interested if funding is available, I really hope so as it would be a shame to have to stop doing something which I love so much

I have spoken to sally durrant as as far as i understand (theres that much it gets confusing!!) you do level which is the 'heaviest' qual and then are still required to do level 5/6 but they arent as involved as level 4 (probs still as expensive tho!! [emoji31])

Level four qcf recognised qualifications can potentially qualify for a 24plus loan for course fees.

Do you know where i can get some more info re this?

I'm having a meeting with Sally Durant herself tomorrow morning so I will relay all the info tomorrow for anyone who's interested I will be asking her about funding for 24 +

It sometimes depends where you take the course. Some colleges offer level four beauty qualifications and there's a good likelihood of being able to get the 24plus loan then. I'm not sure about private training providers.

Thebeautyroomclinic- Please could you let me know as this is something I have been interested in for a while.

I'm having a meeting with Sally Durant herself tomorrow morning so I will relay all the info tomorrow for anyone who's interested I will be asking her about funding for 24 +

That would be helpful [emoji4]

Is the deadline September 2018 to upgrade/acquire the Level 4 qualification?

Hi all, i am wanting to offer skin needling advanced peels etc in my salon and have been advised of the new HEE guidelines of having to be level 6 qualified by sep 2018, i dont disagree with this at all but it's very expensive with it being level 4+ and i just wondered if any fellow geeks had begun the process and if you had managed to obtain any funding in the form of a student loan?

Any feedback greatly appreciated [emoji4]
Yes I am currently studying my level 4 in clinical aesthetics and cosmetic dermatology now. I couldn't get a loan as the college doesn't have this facility but I can say I think it's money well spent. The gap where level 3 finishes and the content of level 4 is a massive difference xxx

Is the deadline September 2018 to upgrade/acquire the Level 4 qualification?
The new register starts June 2017 and apparently you will have 5 years too comply xxx

Latest posts

Back