Anyone offering free wifi in salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pinkpants

Reaction score
Interested in offering free wifi in my salon but worried about security issues ;-)

Offering free wiffy is a really good idea. Cafes, pubs, hotels etc do it so why not salons.

Not being a techie the best people to ask are the broardband provider, things to think about are download limits, the area it's covered, you don't want next door to use it, and what about things that shouldn't be downloaded, you don't want to get into trouble......

I offer free wifi I have a pass word to let clients on so surrounding businesses can't use it. I'm lucky I have no limits as it's an old contract I had with vodafone ( I plug a dongle into a sharing dock to create wifi ) before they put limits on.
I know my clients quite well so don't think they would be downloading anything dodgy and it wouldn't come back on the salon if they did as it would be on their device not anything of ours.
I think it's an added extra and alot of us like to browse whilst sat waiting for colour to process! :)
Hope this helps

Sally

Thanks geeks! Thinking of going with talk talk will be same price as I pay now with b.t just for phone. And I get free router and calls ;-) should of done it years ago! Think I will change password every so often tho, if I can.

Latest posts

Back