Applied for a job-what do you think?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charbelle

Reaction score
Hey, Heres the email reply i got for a job-
Hi *****.

I am *****, I started up Glam Extensions with the intentions of turning it into a permanent salon business providing all treatments to customers at an affordable cost mobile and salon based. I have high expectations for this business and feel that every business has to start small in order to make it. This is a very competitive industry as you are probably aware so i aim to put Glam Extensions (Soon to be Glam Extensions And Beauty) above the rest by offering a very friendly service at low prices. I do give priority to newly qualified beauticians/hairdressers as i know how hard it is to start out in this business.

I have looked over your application and i would like to give you some more details about what the job holds.

What we will provide you with -
Your services advertised on our website
Clients who want your services
Glam extension business cards to give to clients to promote the whole business.
Leaflets to put in local shops, notice boards etc.
Brochures for all glam extension services to give to clients

What you will have to do for the company -
You will have to provide services at a high standard and be professional and friendly,
Be able to promote Glam Extensions not your own personal services by themselves,
Be able to provide funding for your own equipment although the Glam extension team can help you find them at affordable wholesale prices,
Be able to work as part of a team and meet sales targets.

Further info -
This is not a salon job (as of yet), we are in the process of getting funding to open a salon and there will also be a mini salon being set up in my house where you are welcome to work from.
You will have certain targets to try and meet in order to get a money bonus and treatment bonus's as well as promotions. We will talk over what these are if you decide you are still interested.
Glam extensions will take a small commission out of what you earn and this goes towards ;
Website costs,
Advertisement costs,
Brochure, leaflets, business cards,
Salon Funding.

If you are still interested can you let me know and i will get in touch again soon

Thank you,

What do you think?
Can they really take a percentage off if your providing the products etc?
Thanks in advance geeks

It sounds like you won't be employed but actually working on a self employed basis. I would be very wary tbh, it's a bit misleading if they are implying you will be employed if that is not actually ye case. Will they be sorting out tax and national insurance etc? I think perhaps you need to ask the above questions to

them. Hth

As said above the position is self employed and you would need to sort your own books, tax, NI etc..

Your being asked to represent a brand and promote them over your own business (you would need to chose a name etc.. to trade under and offer any other treatments you wish to offer).

They will point enquirers from your area to you and provide you with advertising items to advertise their business through you.

This could work in your favor if you already have your own business and your looking to widen your client base with this treatment as you would get new clients through their advertising and hopefully some of those clients would have extra treatments from you.

Of course this company can take a percentage of what you charge the client as this is how they will earn money from you, they will be advertising your services and getting you new clients (only offering their treatment though so you would still need to advertise any other treatments you offer yourself) and they need to be paid for doing their part.

They will not pay you. You will only earn when you work and you will have to give a percent of each of their treatments you do, to them. So for example if you have to give them 10% each treatment - you would charge the client £50 and then you would keep £45 (to cover all your costs and your time etc..) and pay them £5.

It could be a great way of getting more clients for an existing business but I am unsure if I would start a business just so I could do this for Glam Extensions.

Thank you for the replies!
I am a mobile beauty therapist anyway so I don't really think there's much point in doing it but then as you say could bring in more clients!
I was hoping it was a salon job but oh well must keep looking! Lol x

Latest posts

Back