Apprentice pricing?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mobile-hands

Reaction score
Hi business owning geeks,

I have tried searching but can't find the answer or guidance!

I have a level 3 beauty therapist apprentice starting on Tuesday and in the process of adding her to my salon booking system.
My question is would you/do you offer a lower price for clients to use the apprentice? She's already level 2 qualified and confidant in many treatments, such as facials, waxing, manicure, pedicure etc!

Thanks
Angela x

I have a tiered price structure in my salon, price increases with stylists experience. I don't have any apprentices, my structure consists of stylist, senior stylist and salon director. I would add junior stylist if I was in your position. Hth x

Hair tends to be tiered pricing, but I didn't think beauty was?

If she's qualified I wouldn't lower her prices at all just only set her treatments she can do. Maybe run a introductory offer for 3 months on a month by month basis 'introducing xxxx as our junior beauty therapist'.

By putting her in a cheaper level can be quite hard to put her up if she's built a clientele.

Ooops sorry I didn't read the post properly ... I still have tiered for therapists. Therapist and senior therapist. Gives clients a price option and room for promotion for the therapist x

Thank you for taking the time to answer.
X

I would definitely advertise her as a junior, rather than an apprentice. Personally, as a customer opinion, I wouldn't book in if someone was described as an apprentice. It'd make me feel as if them weren't qualified, even if they was! A junior just makes me think it's someone new starting and offering lower rates to build clientele.
Don't go too cheap tho as once she's got confident, you'll want to increase the pricing!

Hi I have an apprentice that has now going on to do year 2 of level 3 when she started with me I went through every thing with her but never lowered my prices because she had to raise her standards to mine to do treatments on my clients so the level of her treatments were high maybe a little slower and new clients were very happy to go to our new therapist . She has never done any treatments that she is not qualified in on a paying client . Friends family etc to help get her up to speed , but never had different prices.

When my daughter started with me as level 2 qualified while doing level 3, she was a therapist and I was a senior therapist - I didn't like 'junior' or 'apprentice'.
I showed her how I liked things done, so we were effectively offering the same treatments.
When she had qualified in level 3 and had done her skincare training, I brought her prices up to match mine as we found the 2 tier a complete pain in the neck. If you retail vouchers for treatments, it can become confusing for example, so we only do vouchers for amounts!

Hope it's going well Angela,

Vic x

Thanks for the replies.
I have decided to keep the prices the sand but allow her more time.
I have described her as a beauty therapist and myself Senior therapist (makes me feel very old rather than more experienced! Lol)
I will be doing offers for her to try and build up her client base and so she gets the practice on her weaker treatments.

Vic- it's going very well thanks! Need to book in for my next appointment... Do you work Mondays?
Thanks x

I'm afraid I don't work Mondays, but late Thursday and Friday if any good!

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back