Apprenticeship

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Holliexx

Reaction score
Hi Geeks!

I am looking to do an apprenticeship starting from september in hairdressing, it is my passion and now it is the perfect time for me to follow my dream!

If anyone has any open positions for an apprentice in there salon please let me know as i would love to apply,

I live in Watford, Hertfordshire!

Thanks x

Best of luck x
Try your local paper, gumtree, hairdressers journal, local salon websites, jobcentre/ careers office, plus go into salons that you like the look of, dressed to the nines and hand in a CV. Persevere. x

ah thank you for the advice!

I am going to call around tomorrow and see if i can arrange to meet a few salon owners at the weekend or when they are free so i get a chance to meet them instead of just giving my CV in.

x

Early in the week is usually better for salon owners. Most of us are busy Fridays and Saturdays.

Ok, thank you for your help! :)

Cant find one anywhere! :(

Ive even tried asking beauty salons for an apprenticeship in beauty and had no luck!

I had one hair salon tell me im to old - im 18! :(

I really dont want to have to go to college, its to much like school!

Depends how much you want it. Many people who cant get apprenticeships because they are past school leaving age do some voluntary work at a salon to get floor experience whilst going to college. Some times it's the only way and if you want it bad enough you will do ANYTHING to get there.

Good luck x

My daughter got her salon apprenticeship confirmed on Saturday :green:

I typed up a CV and a covering letter for her (which I personally think is important), she went into 14 salons, starting off at the salons that she didn't particularly 'like' (to get over initial nerves), then on to the 'serious' stuff!
It worked a treat and after a couple of hours she'd been turned down by 4 who already had placements, had 5 CV's kept and had a phone call asking her to go in for a trial day. After that she handed out the remaining envelopes and got her trial day sorted, that was followed up with another trial day at the same salon. They wanted to see how she coped on busier days in the salon so they invited her to go in for a week and she was accepted for her placement on Saturday. She'd also (in the meantime) received another call about a trial at a different salon.

Go to as many salons as you can, hang on in there and good luck :D

i was nearly 18 when i started my apprenticeship and i found it worked well in my favour, because i was more mature than a school leaver. if it's your dream then you will find a way to jump those obstacles!! best of luck hun xx

Hi hun, your not too old atall, i was 20 when i started my hairdressing apprentiship,i would definately perservere with it, its by far, in my opinion the best way to learn, you will gain lots of industry knowledge, and i gained loads of confidence whilst i was a junior,
good luck : )
x

My client is looking for an apprentice to work in beauty salon & spa in London West End. Hair, nails, endermologie, facials. High end. If that interests you, please send me your cv to [email protected] !! Good luck.

Latest posts

Back