Are most girls breaking the law working from home?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All sounds good on paper.....but beware, your neighbour's might object!
The first person that parks across their drive.....
I ended up moving house, feelings got sooo bad!

I work from home but from a garden office. Didn't need planning or building Regs but council came and inspected me for my SPMU and was given a certificate from them.
My council isn't interested in traffic as they say that's the highways department.
My buildings and contents insurance more than doubled even though no clients enter my house and sanctions are on that insurance, any burglary would have to be forced entry to be covered.
I have found out interestingly anyone running a business from home must have a water meter.

I did have a salon, and have just bought a small commercial property im intending to rent out ( just in case) but ive found there's more regulations/considerations for working from home rather than my commercial premises.

Anyone here in Essex ? It would be so much easier if all councils had the same rules [emoji37]

At Kingston council I keep getting different information each time I call up. I want to offer gel nails from what is essentially my small shed. The latest was that I need to pay £385 applying for change of use! Then on top of that I need to apply through building regulations for approval of the actual building which looks like will cost another £500 or so to apply (And by the sounds of it there are lots of extra costs the council will make me pay in order to meet the criteria for approval) then there's business rates as well as the special treatments licence costing £245 for first year. Add to that the costs of building/contents insurance and it makes me want to give up before I've started!

Latest posts

Back