As a stylist are you bothered about self-promotion?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StyleGuru

Reaction score
Hi all,

This is my first post on Salon Geek :)

I was wondering whether as fellow stylists you are keen to try and promote your services outside of work? Have you tried using Facebook, Twitter or that type of thing, or do you just let the salon do your marketing for you? If you do, what has worked best?

Simon

You can promote yourself in the salon, but I doubt you can promote yourself for mobile. It'll be in your contract.

Get yourself busier in the salon so you have a back to back column. You won't have the stress of making sure you've got enough colours, you're not working till all hours finishing in the salon and going back to work.

If you're constantly busy in work you'll make more in commission

You can promote your self and the salon you work in, salons near me do it through Facebook I think it's a great idea, they introduce new staff members and sometimes show pics of their work.

We use Facebook for salon but for my own work I use twitter, the work is done in salon so I always hashtag the salons name and have the salons name in my tagline which my boss thinks is great! But at the same time I'm showcasing my own work and getting my name out there! Two birds and all, tweet tweet ;) x

Thanks for your advice and comments guys. I agree and also think social media is a great way to showcase your skills. Have you had much success with Twitter Alexandra?

Thanks for your advice and comments guys. I agree and also think social media is a great way to showcase your skills. Have you had much success with Twitter Alexandra?

I've only had it a few weeks but yeah I've been followed by lots of people, hairdressers in particular, a few quite renown and retweeted by wella a few times :) x

Latest posts

Back