Aston and Fincher accounts

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tigi were good a few years back, but as said the quality has dropped. Such a shame as I used to swear by it. The dumb blonde was my saviour with the amount of bleach and toner it takes to get from a base of 2 to white blonde, now I use biolage conditioner and pro:voke twice weekly touch of silver as my daily products

Tigi were good (in my opinion) when they came in a black and white bottle and were owned by Toni & Guy. Their serum was fabulous, as was their peppermint treatment and their protein spray. The bed-head stick was launched around 1995 and it seemed as if within 5 years the shape of the bottle (a bottle shaped like a penis? FGS) became the selling point, as well as the 'chocolate smell'.

They tried to recover it with Catwalk, but the ingredients were still low-rate.

Interestingly though, when you look at label.m it seems they've gone back to their roots (excuse the pun) ... as I see the old favourites from 15 years ago are back again - even the peppermint treat and the oatmeal conditioner! :)

We stocked Tigi for a short while back in 2003 as our cheaper line, but our Redken sales so outperformed it that the shelf space had to be clawed back.

Haven't looked back since. :wink2:

Tigi were good (in my opinion) when they came in a black and white bottle and were owned by Toni & Guy. Their serum was fabulous, as was their peppermint treatment and their protein spray. The bed-head stick was launched around 1995 and it seemed as if within 5 years the shape of the bottle (a bottle shaped like a penis? FGS) became the selling point, as well as the 'chocolate smell'.

They tried to recover it with Catwalk, but the ingredients were still low-rate.

Interestingly though, when you look at label.m it seems they've gone back to their roots (excuse the pun) ... as I see the old favourites from 15 years ago are back again - even the peppermint treat and the oatmeal conditioner! :)

We stocked Tigi for a short while back in 2003 as our cheaper line, but our Redken sales so outperformed it that the shelf space had to be clawed back.

Haven't looked back since. :wink2:

I really liked the "girls toys" serum, but just don't use any of their products no more, and have a problem with uniliver as they do animal testing, dont we know enough about shampoo already not to test on animals? Xoxo

I really liked the "girls toys" serum, but just don't use any of their products no more, and have a problem with uniliver as they do animal testing, dont we know enough about shampoo already not to test on animals? Xoxo

In their defence though (unilevers), I don't think that any of the shampoos they make are tested on animals, nor the general hair products. Once the law changes in 2013, all European companies will have to stop testing altogether, and that's great news.

I do believe though that we should also look past the animals and take a look at humans too. Lots of the "I love animals" consumers are more than happy to rush into Primark for the latest £3 top. They'll campaign for a 'Living wage' (i.e. minimum wage of £10 an hour here in the UK) quite happily, but only if it means they can buy more Primark fashions and Chinese flatscreen TV's manufactured in sweatshops by people living on less than a pound a day. I find that just a little hypocritical. Equal rights for animals means ALL animals (including Homo Sapiens).

One of the reasons I love Aveda is because of the work they do with their foreign suppliers and their kindness to our environment. Sure, it makes their products pricier, but knowing that no animal died and no human starved for me to apply that red lipstick on my client's face make's the cost worth it to me.

I am now going off on a complete tangent. LOL. What does this have to do with Aston and Fincher again? Someone please remind me? :D

Latest posts

Back