Backwash basins

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paige.xx

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I am looking at backwash basins, as we all know they are very expensive but worth it! But as a short term thing until I can afford a proper one has anyone used one of the other ones?

One like this?? Are they a waste of time or are they not too bad?
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1461165864.332381.jpg

I have!!! Made such a mess!!
The tube where the water runs away needs to be facing downwards .. Eg into a large bucket or even better a drain. As if you put it into a normal sink the water gets stuck in the U SHAPE bend and leeks and fills your wash basin with dirty water [emoji37].. I was not a fan... I've now got one of those fancy chrome taps with the shower attachment on it... The kind you see in restaurant kitchens.. It's great for home salons.
Hope this helps [emoji4]

Lovely thank you! I think I'm just going to go for it & get a proper one (maybe second hand) was just wondering whether they are good cheaper alternatives, obviously not really [emoji4] xx

A stylist on one of the fb groups had one of those next to her bath tub with a garden chair in front, the hose went in the bath & she could use the shower from the bath to wash the hair, whilst the client laid confortably like in a normal basin, bloody genius I thought!

Yes it is a good idea but unfortunately I have a walk in shower so this idea wouldn't work. It would be do able getting one plumbed in as bathroom is next to my room. Thanks for your help ladies X

Yes it is a good idea but unfortunately I have a walk in shower so this idea wouldn't work. It would be do able getting one plumbed in as bathroom is next to my room. Thanks for your help ladies X
You could?! Have the pipe rested in the shower tray. And your shower pipe should be long enough come out to the basin... Unless you have a mahoosive shower?!

You could?! Have the pipe rested in the shower tray. And your shower pipe should be long enough come out to the basin... Unless you have a mahoosive shower?!
Thank you for your help, unfortunately the glass is too long for me to get my hose around. How awkward! I'm looking into buying a second hand basin & having a word with my plumber to see what he would charge to do it xx

Latest posts

Back