Beauty | Shrinking Violet? It's a Wrap!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Ed.

Reaction score
There's been a lot of geeky chatter all over the site about the new Shrinking Violet wrap, the latest offering from Tibby Olivier, and when that happens, I make it my business to find out about it. Plus, anything that offers me pain-free slimming that happens while I lie down and doze for an hour has got to be a good thing, right?

So, first up and few myths to bust. It's not just fluid loss. I'll repeat that, it's not just fluid loss. There's a lot of clever science behind the product which works using lipolysis. This revolutionary method is used to remove unwanted fat and does so by breaking down inside the actual fat cells where triglycerides are changed to free fatty acids so that they can be excreted in tissue fluid and further transported to the lymph vessels.

Of course, you are covered in oil, wrapped in what's basically cling-film and left on a heated blanket and covered in further blankets for an hour so you do sweat, but that's not what causes the final, and lasting, result. If it was, why would it continue working for three days after? And believe me, it does.

I went for my own Shrinking Violet wrap just to see what all the fuss was about. The gorgeous Thea Noel-Kirton in Fulham took me under her wing and wrapped me right up. The product contains the active (not organic) ingredient phosphatidylcholine which is a highly effective ingredient and at 20% of the salon solution, it's three times more active that some other inch loss wraps.

All other ingredients are organic and the oil is scented by lavender, cypress and juniper allowing your skin all kinds of loveliness during the treatment. After measuring your various body parts, the product is massaged in all over (except, of course, certain 'up top' areas where you may not want to lose any inches!) and then you're wrapped up, placed on a heated mat, covered with blankets and left to 'cook' for an hour. My therapist gave me a facial while I waited which was amazing and did remove some of the boredom factor.

After an hour, I was released from the wrap and measured again. A whopping 9 inches had literally just dropped off and, like the rest of you, I thought it was water. I was told to drink lots and lots of water and to measure myself in three days. I did that and after three days I very sceptically measured my various body parts again. Another three inches had disappeared and what's more, I could see it. I looked in the mirror and could identify where those inches had gone.

In terms of keeping it off, I'll refer to the people at Shrinking Violet to explain that one clearly. "Once the fat is gone it is gone. It will only come back if you make new fat. We would not expect the treatment to last very long if, after a treatment, the client then over indulged or returned to their eating patterns which caused the fat in the 1st place. Prolonged use is necessary to achieve maximum reduction of fat. It removes fat but does NOT tighten loose muscle."

If you're interested training is available at two locations in the UK but is not compulsory if you are already certified to carry out body wrapping. Contact Enhance Direct Home for more information and...

...until then...geek on!

The Ed.

When it was done

Attachments

• its a wrap.jpg
    its a wrap.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 4,188
This is going to be huge, both for the one off client and those who have courses of weight/fat loss treatments. I couldn't afford to have regular treatments, but I want to have my one off now!

I just need to find someone that offers it. :wink2:

I cannot WAIT to get going with this one, have seen a fair bit about it floating around on Twitter.. was astounded to find it was just a wrap :O

Excited !!!

I have enquired and am seriously thinking of training in this i just want to be confident that i will have clients wanting it :)

I have enquired and am seriously thinking of training in this i just want to be confident that i will have clients wanting it :)

You will!

Hi there, i am due to start my shrinking violet and faith lift this August. Can any one tell me if there is much interest in this product? Also if there are any salons in my area which are interested in having this product in there salon as I'm going to need a base. Any help or advice would be really appreciated. 😃

Latest posts

Back