Beauty | 'The Lashologist UK' Aims To Improve Professional Lash Treatment Standards

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Ed.

Reaction score
The Lashologist UK is the UK arm of the Lashologist Council of America and was launched in the UK in November 2012 by Chrissy Henderson in response to the massive growth in the eyelash industry. It has been created specifically for eyelash technicians and, according to Chrissy, has already received an overwhelming response from professionals in the industry. Lashologist UK aims to raise the standards in the eyelash industry through education, promoting the best practice within the industry and raising awareness among consumers regarding eyelash health.

"I have become increasingly aware that the eyelash industry needs a trade body based here in the UK that helps raise standards and professionalism in the industry," comments Chrissy. "Over the years I have come across cases of poorly applied eyelash extensions where technicians have not used the right methods or equipment. In the worst cases, this may result in an eye infection or damage to someone's eye. My aim is that The Lashologist UK will ensure that members are properly trained and maintain the highest possible standards"

The Lashologist UK is a not-for-profit organisation dedicated to supporting the lash technicians in our country. Membership is available to both individuals and businesses and entitles you to many benefits, including membership to the American arm of the organisation with discounts on the Lash Summit and Bootcamps in the USA.

"We will offer a whole range of benefits including insurance, education, networking and discounts on equipment. There is a growing trend in the beauty industry to promote health and safety and ensure that the industry meets the highest standards. This is particularly important in the eyelash industry where we are dealing with people's eyes, so this will be the main aim for Lashologist UK this year.

"For example, one of the treatments I am promoting this year is Eyelash Shampooing, which I recommend would be the proper and hygenic way of cleansing eyelashes before any eyelash service. This treatment removes all traces of make up and bacteria that lurks in the lashes and settles in the lash follicle. We will be giving our members lots more advice on health and safety."

The Lashologist UK is aiming to be recognised as the voice of the eyelash industry and will work to raise the profile of eyelash technicians as a profession in its own right.

For more information visit Lashologist UK - News

Until then...geek on!

The Ed.

Image courtesy of Lashologist UK

Attachments

• lashologist.jpg
    lashologist.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 155

Latest posts

Back